Chapter 48

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 48

Sidharth freaked out as all the eyes were trained on him.

He looked at Shehnaaz for some relief but she seemed equally nervous as Dadi let out their secret.

Mrs. Gill, looked like she was watching a tennis match, her gaze bobbing from Sidharth to Shehnaaz and back.

He swallowed a lump in his throat nervously anticipating what was to come.

Suddenly he panicked when Mr. Gill turned to Shehnaaz “Puttarji kya keh rahi hai dadi? Sach hai yeh?” he spoke harshly as she hid behind her Dadi.

“woh, papaji.. main.. woh” she was stuttering as her father unexpectedly went charging to her and raised his hand to hit her, surprising every one.

”Uncle please” Sidharth exclaimed and at the same time he heard another voice “Santokh” her Dadi shouted with all her might “khabardaar jo meri gudiya pe haath uthaya” she said standing between her and her father, looking at him with eyes wide in anger.

“Mata aap hatt jaao, isko yeh sab karne ke liye bheja tha maine Sheher mein?” he said angrily as Shehnaaz started weeping.

“accha?” dadi glared “yaha rakh ke kaunsa uske liye rajkumar dhunda tune hain? Uss haramjade Rajbeer ke saath meri bacchi ki zindagi toh swarg hi ban jaani thi jaise, bol? Bata ab?” dadi asked him furiously to which he obviously had no answer.

“yeh ladka kitna sohna hai, ghar parivaar accha hai, kamata hai accha khasa, naam hai bada iska aur sabse zyada Meri Shehnaaz ko bohot pyaar karta hai, khush rakhega usko hamesha, aur kya chahiye tum logo ko?” she asked taking turns to look at both Shehnaaz’s mom and dad.

“Dekh liya maine kaise faisle leta hai tu” Dadi spoke with her wrath directed at Mr. & Mrs. Gill.

“Pehle toh apne pariwaar ko chhod ke khud chala gaya germany, fir meri bacchi ko bhej diya uss kamine Kulwant ke paas.”

Dadi’s adjective for Shehnaaz’s mama didn’t go down well with Mrs. Gill. She frowned but knew better than to speak against her angry mother in law.  

“Pata nahi hame kya ki uski voti kaise pitayi karti thi iski? Kitna dara ke rakha tha meri beti ko. Fir waha se aayi nahi ke usko boarding bhej diya. Pammi tujhe sach mein bacchi se pyaar bhi tha ke nahi mujhe toh shaqq hi hota hai kabhi kabhi” dadi spoke sternly as her parents bent their heads in despair.

“pehli baar meri bacchi ne apne liye ek faisla liya hai, aur wohi sahi faisla hai, main bilkul uske saath hu, chahe tum log kuch bhi socho. Abhi se wohi hoga jo Shehnaaz chahegi” Dadi’s words silenced everyone, and it was evident that it was the final verdict.

Sidharth was in awe of dadi’s fiesty personality.

She had articulated her pent up feelings so easily.

Her robustness made him forget his nervousness from earlier and  he felt nothing but greatful to Dadi.

Only he knew how difficult it would be for him to utter all that she had just said.

Dadi had made things so much easier for him.

Although her mother looked like she agreed with Dadi and was now smiling happily, her father was still nursing his wounded pride and sat on the couch with an irked expression.

“Pammi, chai nashta nahi karwayegi bete ko, jaa tayyari kar?” Dadi spoke to her mother who instantly paced to the kitchen instructing their house help Jassi to cook up a few dishes.

“Sidharth, Shehnaaz tum dono chalo mere kamre mein, mujhe akele mein baat karni hai tum dono se” she said and held their hands as all three of them walked into her room.