His True Self

After the festival, Nat sat in her seat at the foot of Yagi's hospital bed and waited for him to wake up. If this was her world, it would be easy to know exactly who did this but she had little resources. Most of her contacts either decided not to do business with her or leave town because of the growing concern of villains.

She needed info, and she needed it fast to at least have a head start on tracking them down. Yagi then started to stir awake, releasing a groan of pain as he then sat up.

Nat: Y'know, it's a good thing Recovery Girl came here for a quick healing session. Had she not, you'd be dead because of your collapse lung and respiratory system.

Yagi: Sigh. Do the kids know?

Nat: No, but I plan on telling them.

Yagi: ... You can't just... hold off on-

Nat: No, I can't - actually, it's more like I won't. As of right now, I need you to tell me exactly what happened...

Yagi: ... Two tall men were in my house. I can tell that just by looking at them that they were strong. One had black hair and an Italian accent. The other had brown skin with dreads.

Nat: How is it that these two took you down?

Yagi: One of their powers, I-it's unreal. When I tried to use what's left of One For All but... it wouldn't work, it was like, my quirk was gone. Every time I tried using it, it was painful like messing with a bruise.

Nat: Hm. Anything specific they stuck out to you?

Yagi: From what they're claiming, they didn't want to do what they did.

Nat: That's weird. Why did they hit you with the "this'll hurt me more than you" speech.

Yagi: I think the villains are making them do it.

Nat: Well with a power that can turn someone else's power off and enough strength to run your hand through someone's abdomen, how can someone MAKE you do something?

Yagi: I think... that maybe...

Nat: ... Sigh, they're protecting someone.

Yagi: Exactly.

Nat then got up and said...

Nat: Alright, good talk. You stay here and rest while I get on the case. Also, don't worry about the kids - or the public, we'll let them down easily.

She started to walk out but then Yagi reach out for her only to fall on the floor. When she looked over to him, she saw that he was on the floor and sighed saying...

Nat: What now?

Yagi: Is there anything I can do to help?

Nat: Yagi, Katsuki's got the only thing that made you the star you are - well "were". Without it, you're just a skinny man in his late thirties. You'll do better giving wisdom to the kids.

Yagi: No, I don't... I don't want that.

Nat: Well, I can't offer you anything.

Yagi: Yes you can!

Nat: ...

Yagi: You're a spy, aren't you? Which means that you'll always have something up your sleeves. Please...

Nat: ...

Yagi: Those people out there, they don't know that I'm... this and I'm tired of lying to them. But I don't want to sit on the sidelines.

Nat: Heh, where is this coming from? You almost sound humble to me.

Yagi: Natasha, I'm begging you.