CHAPTER TWO

You walked into the great castle. It looked beautiful.

"You're ready to be sorted Y/N?" Draco asked walking next to you. You nod. "I'm really curious about which house I'll be put in." You said smiling.

"You don't have to be curious I already know the answer. All of your family was in Slytherin. Would be a shame if you're being put in another house." Draco said.

You walked into the great hall. The ceiling was beautiful.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" An old lady stood before you.

"I'm professor McGonagall. It's nice to meet you. Please follow me, you will be sorted in your house soon." She said. You nod and walked with her.

"Good luck Y/N!" Blaise shouted. "Thank you!"

You stood next to the first years who also had to be sorted into their Hogwarts houses.

An old man with a big beard stood up. That must be Dumbledore, the headmaster. Your mother told you all about him, how great he was. Unlike your dad, he didn't like Dumbledore at all.

"Welcome new students and welcome back to everyone! I'm glad to see all your smiling faces again. The sorting ceremony will start soon but first I want you to meet Y/N Y/L/N. She's transferred from Ilvermorny and will be joining you in the fourth year." Dumbledore announced.

The great hall filled with whispering. They all knew who you were, the daughter of a powerful wizarding family.

"Y/N please take a seat." Proffessor McGonagall said nodding to the stool in front of you. You sat on the stool and the sorting hat was being placed on your head.

"Hmm.. difficult this one..." the sorting hat began.

"You will do great in Slytherin, just like the rest of your family. Maybe you can achieve big things just like them." The sorting hat said. "But is that what you really want..?"

"Just say it already, I know it's Slytherin." You sighed and rolled your eyes.

"Hmm.. let's spice things up. Better be... Gryffindor!!!"

The great hall went silent except for the Gryffindor table, they were cheering.

"That must be a mistake." You said standing up.

"The sorting hat never lies, miss Y/L/N." Dumbledore smiled.

You sighed and walked to the Gryffindor table, sitting next to two red haired boys.

"Nice to meet you Y/N!" A girl smiled. "I'm Hermione Granger, also a fourth year!"

"It's nice to meet you Hermione!"

After the sorting ceremony was done the feast began. You talked with a lot of people.

Ron Weasley and his twin brothers Fred and George. You really liked them, they were really funny.

Also Harry Potter was in Gryffindor. You heard a lot about him and thought he was a bit arrogant because of all the attention he got but you were wrong. Harry was really nice and a good person to talk to.

Maybe being in Gryffindor wasn't so bad after all.

The feast ended and everyone went to their common rooms.

You wanted to walk with Hermione but you suddenly felt a hand around your wrist.

"I'll find my way Hermione, see you in a bit!" She nod and walked away with Ron and Harry.

"What is it?" You turned around and looked Draco in the eyes. You two were now the only ones left outside the great hall.

"Did you ask the hat to put you in Gryffindor?" Draco asked.

"No." You said simply.

"Then why did it put you in that fucking dork house?" He snapped. "I don't know, ask the sorting hat." You said looking Draco straight in the eyes. Draco rolled his eyes.

"It doesn't seem like you care about not being put in Slytherin. What will your family think about you? And my dad. He's-"

"Shut up Draco! I don't know what's going on so why should I care?! It's not like I can change anything!" You shouted at him. You were done with his attitude.

Draco sighed again, his eyes still narrowed.

"And why were you talking to that Granger girl? She's a filthy mudblood. And those Weasleys.. did you see how they look? Hand me down robes and stuff." Draco said, fake gagging. "I'm really sorry for you that you have to share your house with those stupid dorks."

"Don't talk about my friends like that Draco." You narrowed your eyes. Draco wanted to say something back but he was interrupted by a voice.

"Y/N?" You turned around.

"Oh, hi Harry." You smiled to the boy standing behind you.

"Everything alright here?" Harry asked.

"Mind your own business, Potter." Draco hissed.

"Nothings going on Harry, let's go to our common room." You smiled.

You turned around to look at Draco but he already stormed away.

"Do you know Malfoy?" Harry asked while walking trough the empty corridors.

"Yeah." You sighed. "Been friends with him since we were babies. At least that's what I thought." You said.

"Was he mad at you? I heard yelling but didn't know what was going on." Harry said.

"He thinks I asked the sorting hat to be put in Gryffindor. All of my family has been put in Slytherin as you may know. He thinks it's a shame for them that I'm now in Gryffindor." You explained. "I don't think he's wrong tho. My dad always said that if I won't be put in Slytherin he doesn't have a daughter anymore."

Harry's eyes widened. "He really said that?" He asked shocked.

"You know Harry, it's not a big of a deal. I'll find a way to tell my dad, don't worry about it." You sighed.

You finally reached the common room and after telling the password, you got in.

You gasped. "It's beautiful in here." You said with a smile on your face. "I know right? Really cozy isn't it?" Harry said. You nod, smiling at him.

"I'm gonna sleep Harry, don't wanna be missing my first lessons tomorrow." You laughed.

"Me too. I'm glad you're in Gryffindor Y/N. You seem like a really nice person. I think your family would be proud to see you right now." Harry smiled.

"That means a lot Harry, thank you." You smiled, walking up the stairs to your dorm.

"Oh and Y/N?" You turned around.

"If anything bothers you, don't hesitate to talk to me." Harry said. You smiled.

"Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight Y/N."