CHAPTER TWELVE

You saw Draco standing in front of you. The moonlight made his face visible. His eyes were puffy.

"Please, Y/N." Draco said. His voice was not more than a whisper.

You stepped out of the fireplace. You sat down on the table and looked back at him.

"Are you actually going to talk or will you be insulting me again?" You said, your eyes narrowing at him. Draco was leaning against the kitchen counter, his eyes on the floor.

"Listen Y/N, what I said was wrong. I didn't mean it I just- I." A big sigh left his mouth. You saw he was looking for the right words to say.

"I care about you a lot and I just don't want to see you get hurt." His eyes met yours for the first time since he started talking.

"That's really sweet Draco but you have to know I can stand up for myself. You don't have to look after me every second of the day." You said.

"I know. I was just worried about you I guess. Your friends are mostly boys and I just know how they could act. Especially Diggory and Zabini." Draco said. "I think I was to protective of you. I just want you to have a good time at Hogwarts and I don't want that to be ruined by a stupid prick."

"You know you were the one who was being a prick, right?" You asked. He nod his head.

"Can we please be friends again? I- I miss you." Draco said.

You stood up and walked to him.

"Are you going to punch me?"

You laughed at his question and wrapped your arms around him.

"You do deserve it you know. But I guess a hug will do now." You said. Draco wrapped his arms around you.

"I can't believe I just witnessed Draco Malfoy apologizing." You said laughing. A smile grew on his face.

"Well I hope you enjoyed it because I will never do it again." He laughed. You pushed him playfully.

"Just as I thought we were having a cute moment you had to ruin it again." You sighed. Draco laughed. After a short silence he started to talk again.

"Why were you out of bed?" He said.

You sighed. "I actually wanted to go back to Hogwarts since nobody here wants to see me anymore." You said.

"Can you stay until tomorrow? We can go to Hogsmeade if you'd like so you don't have to be around your parents. I could go with you." Draco said. "Only if you want to."

You smiled at him. "I'd love to."

He smiled back. "Great."

"I'm going back to sleep Draco, I'll see you tomorrow morning." You said.

"Goodnight Y/N." Draco said.

You turned around to walk out of the kitchen.

"Y/N?"

You looked back at Draco.

"I'm glad we're.. good again." He said.

A smile grew on your face. "Me too."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The next morning you woke up hearing screams out of the kitchen.

"You can't just throw our daughter away because she's not in the house we wanted her to be!" You heard your mother scream.

"Well it looks like I can." You heard your father say. He sounded so calmly, like he was proud of how he acted to you yesterday.