CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

^ your dress and hair for the Yule Ball ^

It was the day of the Yule Ball. The last classes of the day are canceled which means that you were now sitting in your last class of the day, transfiguration with professor McGonagall.

You sat next to Hermione, Harry and Ron behind you.

"So, you two got dates for tonight?" You asked as you turned around to face them.

"Cho said yes." Harry said with a wide smile on his face.

"I know you could do it, Harry." You laughed.

"Yeah, because he's the chosen one." Ron said.

"Does that mean you don't have a date, Ron?" Hermione asked.

"Of course I have a date. I'm going with Lavender." Ron said.

"Lavender Brown?!" Hermione asked in disbelieve. "She annoying." Hermione sighed.

"She's not annoying! She's really- nice, actually." Ron said. The words that came out of his mouth didn't seem so believable.

"Are you going to tell us who you are going with, Hermione?" Harry asked.

You heard McGonagall clearing her throat. She was standing in front of your desk. "I'd like the four of you to continue with the assignment and talk about all this stuff later." She said.

"Yes professor." Hermione mumbled.

After class ended everyone stormed out of the classroom to get ready for the Yule Ball. The atmosphere in the castle was great. Everyone seemed happy and excited for tonight.

As you walked through the corridors you bumped into someone. You looked up meeting Draco's eyes.

"Y/N, I need to tell you something!" He said immediately.

"I have to get ready for tonight, Draco." You said.

"But-"

"Tell me tonight, okay?" You said.

"I think you want to know this Y/N. I just saw-"

He couldn't finish his sentence because Hermione grabbed your wrist and pulled you through the corridors.

"No time to talk with him, we have to get ready!" She said excitedly.

"It seemed.. really important." You said as you and Hermione entered the common room.

"Draco Malfoy and something important coming out of his mouth? Can't imagine it." Hermione laughed.

"Time to get ready?" She asked. You nod your head, walking up to your closet.

"I can't wait to put this on." You said as you took the dress in your hands. There was a knock on your door. Harry walked into your dorm.

"Y/N, why was Malfoy just knocking on the door of the common room like crazy?" He asked, looking at you.

"He was?" You asked. Harry nod his head.

"Is he still there?" You asked.

"Of course not, I told him to leave." Harry said, rolling his eyes.

Your eyes went to Hermione who was also looking at you. "So it must have been really important then." She said.

"I'm going to find him." You said. You stormed out of your dorm and left the common room. As you looked through the corridors you saw him walking around a corner.

"Draco, wait!" You shouted, but he couldn't hear you. You rushed to place he just walked but you couldn't see him anymore.

"Shit." You mumbled.

"Y/N, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready?" You saw Cedric walking in the corridors. His head was sweaty and he looked at you with wide eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" You asked.

"I- uh- I-" He looked around the corridors nervously. "Just a bit tense for the dance." He said.

You started laughing. "You will be okay, Ced."

"Yeah, uh- I'm going to get ready." Without another word he rushed back to his common room. Why was he acting so weird?

With a sigh you walked back to the common room.

"Found him?" Harry asked. He was sitting on the couch with Ron.

"No, I didn't." You said.

You walked up to your dorm again, opening the door. Hermione was doing her hair.

"What did he have to tell you?" She asked immediately.

"I couldn't find him anymore." You sighed.

"Is there something going on?" Hermione asked. You shrugged your shoulders, looking at her.

"I just saw Cedric and he- was acting, weird?" You said. Your words came out like a question.

"What do you mean he was acting weird?" Hermione asked.

You stood up shaking your head. "Just- nevermind. I guess I'm just overthinking." You said. "Let's get ready, for real now this time?"

Hermione smiled at you. "Let's go."

"How long is it gonna take with the two of you?" Ron shouted from outside of your dorm.

"Almost done, you two can go already." Hermione said.

"Alright, we'll see you at the great hall." Ron said.

"Can you zip my dress?" You asked. Hermione walked to you and zipped your dress.

You looked into the mirror. "We look so good!" Hermione said, with a smile on her face.

She was wearing her blue dress with white high heels. Her hair was up and she had it curled.

You were wearing your beautiful red dress with black high heels. Your make-up was light and you curled your hair.

"I'm so excited." You smiled.

"Let's go to the great hall, shall we? Our dates are waiting." Hermione winked.

You walked out of the dorm seeing that the common room was empty. "Did we took so long?" Hermione asked. "I think so." You laughed.

The two of you walked through the corridors. When you entered the staircase that led itself to the great hall you saw Cedric already standing there, his back facing you.

"There they are." Harry said.

Cedric, Viktor, Fleur, Harry and Cho all looked at the two of you. You walked down the stairs with a slight smile on your face.

"Oh my, you look gorgeous, Y/N." Cedric said as you stood next to him. He grabbed your hand placing a kiss on it.

"Thank you, you don't look bad yourself." You smiled at him.

Hermione was talking to Krum as you noticed Cho staring at you and Cedric. You gave her a smile which she returned before she quickly looked away.

McGonagall walked up to all of you.

"Ready for the big dance?" She asked excitedly.

Everybody nod their head. Some people were excited for the dance and some people couldn't wait for it to be over.

"Alright." McGonagall said. She opened the big doors of the great hall.

"Let the Yule Ball begin!"