CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE

"I still can't believe old toad face is not teaching us any spells!" Ron sighed.

The four of you were walking to the Great Hall for lunch after you just finished Umbridge's lesson.

"So, what about my plan?" Hermione asked looking at Harry with hopeful eyes.

"Hermione- I don't know." Harry mumbled.

"C'mon, Harry. If it's one of us who can do it, it's you." You said, putting your hand on his shoulder.

"Alright, fine. But if it's a disaster I'll quit." Harry said. You and Hermione smiled at each other as you gave her a high five.

"I'll make sure that there are people who wants to join us!" Hermione said excitedly.

"Looking forward to it." Harry mumbled, clearly not excited. The four of you walked into the Great Hall, sitting down at the Gryffindor table.

"Hey." You mumbled as you sat down next to George, Fred across from you. Fred glanced at you but looked away quickly.

"Hey, Y/N. Headache?" George asked.

You nod your head. "I guess I drank too much." You said. "Thanks, guys." You looked at Dean and Seamus who were laughing.

"What about you, Freddie?" You asked. His eyes met yours. "I'm fine." He said plainly before he took a bite from his toast.

You looked at George in confusion but he was just shrugging his shoulders. You stood up from the table.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"Probably to her boyfriend who keeps her under control." Fred mumbled.

You furrowed your eyebrows as your eyes went back to him. "What did you just say?"

Fred looked up at you. "It's not like you care." He said.

"Excuse me but what has gotten into you?" You asked confused. Why was he suddenly acting like this?

"What has gotten into you for acting like you're interested in me, getting my hopes up and then just crawling back to your boyfriend that doesn't even treat you well?!" Fred snapped.

"Fred!" George said, pushing his brother.

Fred didn't even flinch, he kept staring at you. You let out a huff, not knowing what to say.

"Fred, I don't think-"

"Shut up." Fred interrupted George by pushing his hand away. "You're so naive, Y/N. You know that?" Fred asked, looking back at you.

"What are you talking about?" You mumbled.

Fred let out a sarcastic laugh. "When you were worrying about your lovely boyfriend." Fred said, rolling his eyes. "He was fucking someone behind your back."

You heard gasps around the table as the words left Fred's mouth. Fred was still looking at you, a smirk on his face.

"You're lying." You mumbled, feeling the tears starting to well up. Why was Fred suddenly acting like this?

"I must not tell lies, Y/N. You remember?" Fred asked, holding up his hand. He knew how much that hurt you and he's still bringing it up.

"I- I can't believe you're doing this." You said. You felt Hermione's hand on your shoulder.

"Well, someone needs to tell you that Tess has been fucking your boyfriend. You are to stupid to find out." Fred scoffed. "But don't worry guys." Fred said sarcastically, looking around the table. "One look in his eyes and she'll forgive him, like always."