CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

The first class of the day was potions, which means you have to see Draco again after what happened yesterday. It also means that you're going to see Snape who has been acting weirdly nice to you for the past week. Your knee was still hurting a bit but luckily there was no blood coming out of it anymore.

You walked to class with Hermione, Harry and Ron who were still discussing the fact that Karkaroff stole Harry's wand right before the first task.

"Why don't we tell Dumbledore about it?" Hermione asked.

"Are you mental? Him and Karkaroff are like best friends. He won't believe us." Ron said. The four of you entered the classroom.

You sat on your usual seat next to Blaise who was smiling at you. Harry, Ron and Hermione sat in front of you.

"Hey, Y/N. Amazing what you did out there with that dragon." Blaise said. You smiled at him.

"Thank you, I-"

You were interrupted by a loud bang. You turned around and saw Draco walking in. He took a seat behind you next to Pansy who's eyes were filled with worry.

"What's wrong, Draco?" She asked.

"Shut up." Draco said.

You let out a small laugh which causes Pansy to look at you. "What's so funny blood traitor?"

You rolled your eyes at her. "Can you just stop calling me that? It's getting kinda boring maybe you should think of something else, or is that to difficult for you?" You said.

Blaise snorted. You looked at Draco for a second but he wasn't paying attention. He was staring blankly at his table.

"I can't help it that you are jealous of me and Draco." Pansy said.

A laugh escaped your lips. "Jealous? What should I be jealous of? There's clearly nothing going on between the both of you." You said.

"At least he doesn't cheat on me." Pansy said with a smirk on her face.

"What do you mean?" You narrowed your eyes at her. Now Draco was listening to the conversation too.

"Wait what did I say? I think I forgot." Pansy said still an evil smirk on her face.

"Whatever." You turned around facing the front of the classroom where professor Snape was standing.

"Today we're making a calming draught. Check your book for the ingredients. Work in pairs. At the end of the lesson it has to be done. If you make this potion successfully you've passed a part of your exam already." Snape said plainly, sitting behind his desk.

"I'll read the instructions, you get the ingredients?" Blaise asked.

"Great, I'll go get them." You said standing up.

You walked to the back of the classroom where all the ingredients were drawn up. As you were taking all the ingredients you felt someone brushing against your shoulder lightly. You looked up, meeting eyes with Draco.

"Could you pass me the peppermint?" He asked.

"Why don't you ask your new girlfriend?" You said looking back at Pansy.

Draco laughed. "She's not my girlfriend." He said. "But why are you worrying so much? You have your own boyfriend right?" Draco said.

"I'm not doing this again." You grabbed all the ingredients and walked back to your seat. You let the ingredients fall down on your table and sat down, a sigh leaving your mouth.

"Having a hard time?" Blaise asked while he put his book away.

"Draco is being annoying again." You said rolling your eyes. Blaise laughed.

"You've been friends since you were born and you still didn't know that?"

You laughed slightly, looking back at Blaise. "What do we have to do?" You asked.

"First you have to add 6 drops fluxweed oil to warm water." Blaise said, reading the instructions. "Split the bloodroot stems lengthwise with your knives and scrape out all fluid and fibrous material from inside the stems. Crush with mortar and pestle into a fine paste and add to the cauldron." He followed.

You listened to his instructions and after an hour you and Blaise brewed the calming draught successfully.

"Good job, mister Zabini, miss Y/L/N." Snape said looking into your cauldron.

"How are they so fast? We're not even halfway done!" You saw Pansy staring at you in disbelieve.

"She's cheating." Pansy said, pointing at you. "Just like her boyfriend." She was now laughing, a couple of other Slytherins joining in.

"You're lying." You said.

"I'm lying?" Pansy laughed. "What do you think he was doing when you were laying in the hospital wing?"

"What are you talking about?" Hermione asked. You turned around to look at her. She walked beside you, grabbing your arm.

"I don't talk to mudbloods." Pansy said rolling her eyes.

You scoffed. "Don't you dare to talk to her like that." You said.

"Stop making a scene in my classroom." Snape interrupted you. "Mister Zabini, miss Y/L/N, you two are free to go since your potion is done. For you, miss Parkinson, I'll see you in detention after dinner." Snape turned around.

"Why is she not getting detention?!" Pansy whined.

Snape walked back to his desk, ignoring the question Pansy just asked. "The rest of you, go back to your work. You have a potion to make."

You grabbed your bag harshly giving Pansy one last look before you left the classroom. She was looking at you, a mean smile on her face, like she achieved something.

"Y/N, you know that she's talking bullshit right?" Blaise said while you two walked to the corridors.

You didn't say anything. You were so angry.

You felt a hand on your shoulder making you stop walking.

"Calm down." Blaise said looking straight into your eyes. You let out a soft sigh.

"She's making me so mad I just want to-"

"Don't let her get to you, Y/N. That's all she wants." Blaise interrupted you.

"What if she's right?" You looked at Blaise. "Cedric wasn't with me in the hospital wing, I actually haven't see him since the task." You said.

Blaise sighed. "Like I've said before, don't let her get to you. She's just jealous that you're talking to Draco a lot." Blaise said.

"Well she's lucky then because we're not talking anymore." You said. Blaise looked at you in confusion.

"What is it this time?" He asked.

You looked over his shoulder, noticing Cedric walking the corridors with a girl.

It was Cho, a Ravenclaw. You've seen her around a couple of times and you knew they were friends but they never really talked to each other. At least that's what you thought.

"I have to go." You said looking back at Blaise. "I'll see you in the next class." You walked past him, walking to the spot you saw Cedric.

You knew that you trusted him but something in you told you that you'd have to take a look at where he was going with Cho.