CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

You heard soft voices in your ears. "We have to tell her the truth, Ronald." You heard Hermione say. You didn't hear him answer.

You slowly opened your eyes, seeing that Hermione, Ron and Harry were sitting next to the bed you were laying in. They didn't notice you at first but when a soft cough left your mouth their heads turned to you immediately.

"Y/N!" Hermione wrapped her arms around you, a sigh of relieve leaving her mouth.

"Glad you're okay." Harry smiled.

"What happened?" You asked. You still felt very weak.

"The gillyweed stopped working, you fainted under the water." Hermione mumbled.

"Did you experienced the same thing?" You asked, looking at Harry. He shook his head.

"I think I was above the surface on time." He said.

You nod your head. "Who- got me out of the water?" You asked. You saw Hermione looking sternly at Ron.

"Cedric did." Ron said quickly.

You raised your eyebrows. "Cedric?" You asked.

Hermione sighed. "Yes, he- he jumped into the water when he found out that you were still in there." She said.

"Oh." You mumbled. You didn't think that Cedric would do something like that after what happened but you were really thankful he did.

"Well." You said. "I probably ended in last place didn't I?" You asked.

Harry nod his head. "But you're not far behind me and Cedric since you smashed it in the first task." Harry smiled.

"Yeah Y/N, you're in third place now. Only three points behind Cedric." Ron smiled. You smiled back at them.

"We have to go to class, we'll visit you later today okay?" Hermione said as she stood up. You nod your head at them. "Good luck." With a smile they left the hospital wing.

"I've got you something to eat, dear." Madam Pomfrey walked up to you with a plate in her hand. "Thank you." You smiled.

You took a bite from the toast she gave you. It was hard to swallow it, your throat was still hurting a lot.

"You have to stay for today. Tomorrow you can leave if you're strong enough for it." Madam Pomfrey said.

You nod your head as you finished the rest of your plate. You put the plate on the table beside your bed and lay down again. A sigh left your mouth as you closed your eyes again.

"I can't believe Dumbledore didn't do anything. I told you that man is mental." You heard someone say.

You opened your eyes, meeting eyes with Draco.

"Brilliant Draco, now you woke her up." Blaise sat next to Draco, rolling his eyes.

"Hey." You smiled at them.

"Are you okay?" Blaise asked. "You really scared us."

You quickly nod your head. "I'm fine. Only my throat is hurting much." You said.

"What happened under the water, Y/N?" Draco asked.

You shrugged your shoulders. "The only thing that I remember is that my fins and gills were disappearing and then it went black." You said.

"They disappeared?" Draco asked, raising his eyebrows.

You nod your head. "Luckily Harry was back soon enough." You sighed.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked.

Your eyes went back to him. "I shared the gillyweed with him and-"

"You shared it?" Draco interrupted you.

"You said it would be enough for one hour." You said.

Draco scoffed. "For you only, yes. I didn't tell you that you should share it with fucking Potter." He said.

You sighed as you sat up. "You're right." You mumbled. Draco shook his head is disbelieve.

"Well, lucky for you Draco noticed it and went to look for you." Blaise said with a smile on his face. You looked at him, then back at Draco.

"What?" You asked in confusion. "You saved me?"

"Of course I did. Why did you think I was the one hanging over you when you woke up?" Draco asked.

"Oh." You said, looking at your hands that were laying on your lap. Did they really lie to you about this?

"What's wrong?" Draco asked. You looked up at him.

"Hermione, Ron and Harry told me that Cedric was the one who saved me." You said.

"What?" Draco raised his eyebrows in disbelieve. "I can't believe them." He said, shaking his head.

You put your hand over his that was laying on your bed. "Thank you, Draco."

He looked up, meeting your eyes as a smile appeared on his face. "Well, thank you for not dying." Draco said, a soft laugh escaping his lips. You smiled at him.

"Draco, we have potions next." Blaise said as he stood up.

"You can go, I'll be there soon. Just have to grab my books in the common room real quick." Draco said.

Blaise raised his eyebrows. "We already got our books before we got here?" He said. You looked at Draco who was eyeing Blaise in a weird way.

"Oooh." Blaise said. "I get it."

You looked at the two boys in confusion.

Blaise looked back at you. "I'll come by later." He smiled. You gave him a smile as he left the hospital wing.

You looked back at Draco who had a smirk on his face.

"What?" You asked.

"So, I'm the thing that you would sorely miss huh?" He asked.

A smile appeared on your face as you rolled your eyes. "Don't you have a class to attend?" You asked with a smirk on your face.

Draco shrugged his shoulders with a smile on his face. "You're right. Snape will kill me if I'm not on time." Draco said.

You took a sip from your water and cleared your throat. "Good luck, I'll see you later." You smiled at him.

Draco stood up, looking back at you. "I'm really glad you're okay, Y/N." Draco said. His eyes were looking through the hospital wing before they landed back on you.

His face came closer and before you could do something you felt his soft lips on yours. You kissed him back feeling your heartbeat going faster when you felt him smiling against your lips.

As he pulled back he had a smirk on his face.

"Maybe that will ease the pain in your throat." He said.

He grabbed his bag from the floor and walked to the doors. With one last look he left the hospital wing, leaving you behind with all kind of thoughts going through your head.

*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: they finally kissed, yeeees

hope you're liking this book :) have a great day!