CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

The last thing you remembered after the first task is that you became dizzy. After the points were given your head started spinning and before you knew it you were now laying in the hospital wing.

You slowly opened your eyes, looking around lazily.

"She's awake!"

Your eyes met with Hermione who had a smile on her face. "Thank god." Harry sighed.

Hermione, Harry and Ron were sitting next to your bed.

"What happened?" You asked looking at the three of them.

"You lost a lot of blood, that's probably why you fainted. Madam Pomfrey said it would be a good idea to keep you here overnight." Hermione said.

You nod your head. "It hurts really bad right now." You said looking at your knee. There was a bandage that covered the wound.

"It looked awful." Ron said.

"Where's Cedric?" You asked.

"They're having a party in the Hufflepuff common room to celebrate that he collected the egg." Harry said.

"Oh." You sighed. Did he find celebrating more important than checking up on you?

"My dears, you should go. Y/N has to rest. She will see you in class tomorrow morning." Madam Pomfrey walked to your bed with a potion in her hand.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Y/N. Take care." The three of them gave you a hug before they walked out of the hospital wing.

Madam Pomfrey walked to you, putting the potion on the table beside your bed. "Take this after you ate. Dinner will be brought to you soon." She smiled.

As she walked away you laid down again. You closed your eyes with a smile on your face, thinking about being second place in the tournament.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

You heard a glass plate fall onto the floor followed by a soft 'shit'.

You opened your eyes looking at Draco who was grabbing up the pieces of glass.

"Hey." You said. He looked up with an apologetic smile on his face.

"I didn't mean to wake you up. I heard you were here all alone so I thought I'd bring you some food." Draco said. "But then it fell on the floor so you still don't have food now."

You laughed. "It doesn't matter, they brought me some food already." You said looking at your table. You grabbed the plate and started to eat.

"How are you?" Draco asked while he grabbed a chair to sit next to you. "I'm alright. My knee hurts but after I take this potion it will be all good again." You smiled.

"Good to hear." Draco said, his eyes scanning your knee.

"I can't believe they gave you second place? You were way faster than Potter. He-"

"I think he deserved to be in first place." You interrupted him. He looked at you for a second, rolling his eyes. "He was the only one who didn't got hurt during the task." You said.

"You weren't hurt by the dragon either you were just to dumb to fall over a rock." Draco said with a smirk on his face.

"That's mean." You laughed throwing a pillow in his face.

"Where's Diggory? I thought he would be here." Draco said after a few seconds of silence.

"He's celebrating in the common room." You said.

"Celebrating? While his girlfriend is laying in the hospital wing all alone?" Draco furrowed his brows. "How charming." He scoffed.

"Why do you always have to bring him up?" You asked. Draco looked back at you.

"What do you mean?"

"Every time we talk you always bring up Cedric, talking shit about him, we haven't had a normal conversation in ages, Draco! It's always Cedric and how he's bad for me." You said.

"I'm not always bringing him up." Draco said. You rolled your eyes.

"Maybe it's good for you if you stop obsessing over our relationship." You said narrowing your eyes at him.

"Obsessing? Are you crazy? For god's sake Y/N, I'm just trying to tell you he's no good for you!" Draco shouted. "I've seen things of him when you were still at Ilvermorny and let me tell you, you don't want to know the things I saw." He hissed.

"We're not living in the past, Draco." You said.

"You just need someone who's good for you! Someone who has right intentions and don't just want you to only fuck you!" Draco said. He was still shouting which made you even more mad.

A sarcastic laugh left your mouth. "Let me guess, that person is you?" You asked. He looked at you for a second, furrowing his brows.

"You've changed, Y/N." Draco sighed not taking his eyes of you.

"I've changed? Don't let me laugh. You're the one here who's not acting how he should be acting. Stop defining my life every single second of every fucking single day, Draco." You said. You tried to stay calm but you just couldn't keep it in anymore.

Draco stood up slamming the chair onto the floor. You gulped as you saw him standing beside your bed, his hands in his hair.

"I'm acting like how all friends do, Y/N! I just want what's best for you." Draco said now looking back at you.

"You're acting like a prick. Can't you just be happy for me for once?" You asked.

Draco was still looking at you, not saying a word.

"Today I beated a dragon, finished on the second place, and all you can think about is my relationship which is none of your fucking business anyway!" You said.

Draco let out an irritated sigh, grabbing his bag from the floor. Without any word he turned around walking towards the big wooden doors.

"Oh yeah, just walk away!" You shouted. "How charming." You mocked his words.

Draco stopped just before he left the room, turning around to look back at you.

"When he breaks your heart, which he will clearly do because I know who he is, just don't come to me and cry for help. I've warned you enough times."

Without another word he left the hospital wing leaving you all by yourself again.

"What was all that screaming?" A few minutes after Draco left, madam Pomfrey walked in.

"Nothing." You sighed, putting your plate on the table.

"I've got your robes here. You'll stay here tonight and I'll check up on you tomorrow morning then you will be free to go to your classes." She smiled.

"Thank you." You said giving her a weak smile.

"Don't forget to drink the potion, dear. It will close the wound." With another smile madam Pomfrey walked away again.

You sighed as you grabbed the potion from the table and putting it to your lips. As you drank it you felt pain going through your knee. You gulped as you looked down at the wound that was disappearing slowly.

After a few seconds of pain you laid down again, closing your eyes.

This was one hell of a day.