CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR

You opened the door of the astronomy tower and immediately noticed Draco. He was hanging over the railing looking over the beautiful view of Hogwarts.

As you closed the door as quietly as you could Draco turned around, his eyes meeting yours.

"Sorry if I'm bothering-"

"I was looking for you actually." Draco interrupted you.

"Yeah, Blaise told me so." You mumbled. You made your way to the railing, standing next to Draco. He looked at your face for a second before he looked back at the view in front of him, a sigh leaving his mouth.

"I want-"

"I just-"

You started talking at the same time, causing a little laugh to leave your mouth. "You go first." You said, looking back at Draco.

Another sigh left his mouth. "I broke up with Pansy." He said. His eyes went to yours to look for a reaction.

You nod your head slightly. "Hermione told me." You said.

"What? Granger is eavesdropping on me now?" He raised his eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes. "She just heard some Ravenclaw girls talking about it." You said.

"Oh, sorry." He mumbled.

"Why did you break up with her?" You asked after a short silence.

"Cause she was annoying." Draco said.

"Tell me about it." You said. Draco looked back at you, a small smile on his face which changed into a serious face just a couple of seconds later.

"You know, I never felt something for her." Draco said. "I was just scared of what my father would think if I didn't listen to him." A sigh left his mouth.

You put your hand on his shoulder. "It's really brave of you, Draco." You said.

"I should've done it earlier. I don't know why I'm still listening to that man."

He put his head in his hands, shaking his head. "Sorry for screwing things up between us." He mumbled, still looking down at the floor. "You know I care about you but there's just a lot going on and-"

"It's okay." You interrupted him. You pulled him away from the railing and wrapped your arms around him. You felt a sigh of relief leaving his mouth as he wrapped his arms around your middle.

You pulled away from him, your face just inches away from his. Without another thought you put your lips on his, slowly brushing against them. He seemed to startle at your movement at first but then kissed you back.

After a couple of seconds you pulled away, looking back into his eyes.

"Still didn't mean something to you?" You asked, a small smirk placed itself on your lips.

Draco rolled his eyes, a laugh escaping his mouth. "I don't know? Maybe we should do it again so I can make sure if it means something or not." Draco said with a smirk on his face.

You rolled your eyes as he grabbed your cheeks, pulling him closer to you. He placed his lips on yours as he pulled you even closer.

After he pulled away he looked at you with a warm smile. "Again sorry for acting like a prick. I really didn't know what to do after what happened between us at the hospital wing." Draco said.

"I was being a bitch too. I just couldn't get it that you kissed me and one day later you were telling me that it was a mistake and that you wanted to date Pansy." You said.