CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Shit, everyone must be in the great hall already." You said while you two walked in the castle.

"You're right, miss Y/L/N."

You looked up and saw Snape standing in front of you and Draco.

"Where did you two go and why are you late for something that's so important for Hogwarts." Snape said, his eyes narrowing at Draco and me.

"We were seeing our families, my father told you." Draco rolled his eyes.

"Your father told me that you would be back in time." Snape snapped.

Draco scoffed. "Why does it matter it's not like we can be picked anyway." Draco said.

Snape's eyes went to yours for a second.

"The outcome can always be... surprising." Snape said in his usual tone, his gaze at you.

He turned around and walked into the great hall.

"Why was he looking so creepy at me?" You said while Draco and you walked into the great hall.

"Because he is."

You laughed. The great hall was filled with laughter and talking which means that the announcement hadn't begin yet.

"I had fun today. It's great to have you back again as yourself." You said smiling.

A smile grew on Draco's face. "I had a great time too Y/N." He said.

You waved at him as the two of you made your way to your house tables.

"Y/N!" Hermione gave you a hug.

"Hey! It's good to see you all again." You said smiling. You sat down besides Fred.

"Having fun with Draco again I see?" Hermione asked you while everyone else was in a conversation. You nod your head.

"We talked about it. We're good again." You smiled.

"And what about your parents?" She asked.

You sighed. Because of the fun day with Draco you didn't think much about it but now it was sinking in again.

"They- they don't want to see me anymore. I accidentally gave them my Gryffindor notebook. My dad was going mad when he found out." You sighed.

"I'm sorry Y/N."

"It's okay." You said.

"Silence!" Dumbledore shouted. The whole great hall went silent and looked at Dumbledore who was standing next to the goblet of fire.

"Tonight is a special night. We're going to pick the three champions that will compete in the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore said. "Soon there will be pieces of parchment flying out of the goblet. When your name is announced please come forward and walk trough that door." He said pointing at the door behind the staff table.

The first piece of parchment flew out of the goblet.

"The Beauxbatons champion is... Fleur Delacour!" A beautiful blonde girl stood up and walked to the front of the great hall, a big smile on her face.

"Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!" The students of Durmstrang started cheering loudly as he walked through the door.

Your eyes met Cedric's for a second. You gave him a thumbs up which he returned with a smile.

"And last but not least. The Hogwarts champion is... Cedric Diggory!"

The great hall broke down in cheering. Everyone was clapping for Cedric. Also he walked through the door.

"Now that our champions are picked we-" Dumbledore stopped talking looking suspiciously at the goblet in front of him. There were still blue flames coming out of it.

Another two pieces of parchment flew out of the fire.

"What is going on?" Ron asked.

You saw Dumbledore reading the parchments, clearing his throat.

"Harry Potter and Y/N Y/L/N."

You heard gasps coming from every side.

"What?" You looked at Harry who was just as confused as you.

"Harry Potter and Y/N Y/L/N!!" Dumbledore now screamed loudly.

"Go!" Hermione said pushing you up.

Harry and you walked to the front of the great hall. Everyone was watching the two of you and whispering things as "they are cheating" or "they are not even 17 yet."

You walked past Dumbledore who looked at you with wide eyes.

As you entered the room where all the champions had to go to you saw Cedric.

"Y/N?" He walked up to you. "I didn't know you put your name in the goblet?" He said confused.

"I- I didn't do it." You said. Your voice was not more than a whisper.

Just when Cedric wanted to ask you something, Dumbledore stormed into the room together with Mr. Crouch, Snape and McGonagall.

"Harry, Y/N, did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

Harry and you immediately shook your heads.

"Well they can't compete can they? They aren't 17 yet!" McGonagall panicked.

"Rules are rules Minerva. Once you're picked, you can't go back." Dumbledore said.

"This is unfair. Three Hogwarts champions? If I knew this would happen I would brought more students with me!" Karkaroff said.

"It's not like we asked to be put into this Tournament." You said. "Right, Harry?"

You looked at him but didn't got an answer back. He looked confused, his eyes full of fear.

Fear. That's what you also felt deep down. You didn't like to show it but hell, you were scared for this tournament.

You looked at Snape who was staring at you and Harry. It looked like he knew more but of course you couldn't ask it right now, that would be to suspicious. But Snape was already acting weird in the corridor when you and Draco came back to Hogwarts. What if he had something to do with it? It couldn't be him, right?

A couple scenarios went through your head but you really didn't know how this could've happened. Why did Harry and you got put into a tournament that's deadly?

As Karkaroff, madam Maxime and Mr. Crouch kept arguing you heard Dumbledore's words spooking through your head again.

"Once you're picked, you can't go back."