CHAPTER THIRTY

~

You slowly opened your eyes, the pain still going through your body. It wouldn't stop. You heard an evil laugh, Voldemort. "Are you going to listen to me now, young lady?" He stood before you, his wand still pointed at you. You wanted to say something but the pain in your body wouldn't let you. "Join our side, Y/N. Your father would be so proud of you. Isn't that what you want?" Voldemort said. His wand was now under your chin, pulling your head up. "I'll never- never join you." You managed to get out. "Silly girl.." Voldemort said. "Maybe this will change your mind." You looked up. "Draco?" You saw him standing next to Voldemort. Voldemort's hand was on his shoulder. "Draco, why are you here?" You asked. He didn't say anything, just looking at you with fear in his eyes. "Don't you want to join your best friend in this journey?" Voldemort asked. "Journey?" You wanted to stand up but Voldemort kicked you down immediately. "Don't move." He hissed. His eyes went back to Draco. "Show her, Draco." He said. "Now!" Voldemort put his wand to Draco's face. He hesitantly put his left sleeve up but before you could see what he had to show you heard a painful scream which caused you to turn around immediately. It was Harry. He was standing in the arms of your father.

~

Your eyes jumped open looking through the dorm breathing heavily.

What kind of dream was that?

You sighed as you looked at the time, 3:30. You looked over at Hermione who was still sleeping.

You laid down in your bed trying to close your eyes again but you couldn't stop thinking about what just happened, what did Draco have to do with all of this?

You sat up again, putting on your slippers and walking out of the dorm as quietly as you could. You just didn't want to sleep again, afraid that you would have another terrible dream.

As you closed the door of the common room a sigh left your mouth. Where were you going?

You started walking, hoping that you wouldn't get caught. You walked along the stairs that lead to the astronomy tower. Without another thought you were walking up the stairs.

You opened the door, noticing someone standing in the room. His head shot to you, looking you right into the eyes. It was Draco.

"Sorry, I- I didn't know you were here. I'll go." You said.

You wanted to turn around when you heard Draco's soft voice.

"You can stay." His voice was not more than a whisper. "If you want." He sighed. He grabbed the railing he was hanging over with.

You slowly walked to him, not really knowing what to do.

You stood beside him. He was staring at the stars. The bags under his eyes were visible and he looked even more pale then he did when you saw him this afternoon with Blaise.

"Are you- okay?" You asked.

He snapped out of his thoughts looking back at you.

"I'm fine." He said plainly.

You sighed as you sat down on the floor, looking at the view in front of you. In the corner of your eye you could see that Draco was looking at you.

"Are you?"

You looked up at him. "What?" You asked.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

You shook your head slightly, another sigh leaving your mouth. "Not really, but I'll manage to get through." You said with a slight smile on your face.

Draco sat down next to you. You felt his shoulder brushing against yours.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked after a short moment of silence.

"Just having bad dreams, that's all." You said, looking at him. He nod his head.

"Oh."

You looked back at the stars. Why was this so akward?

"What kind of dreams?" He asked.

You gulped, your thoughts going back to the dreams you've been having. Dreams where Draco was also included in some of them.

"Nothing to worry about." You said. Draco looked at you like he was thinking about what to say next.

"I think I'm going back to sleep again." You said. You wanted to stand up but Draco grabbed your wrist.

"Listen, Y/N. I know I have been an complete arse to you since you have been here but you have to know that you- you can always talk to me if you want. I'll be here for you." Draco said, a sigh leaving his mouth.

A smile appeared on your face as you looked back at Draco. "Thank you, that means a lot."

He smiled back at you.

"Haven't seen your smile in ages." You said.

"Yeah, there's just- a lot going on right now." Draco said, eyeing you nervously.

"Well, you can always talk to me. Only if you're ready to do it." You smiled.

You heard him mumbling something but you couldn't hear it.

"What was that?" You asked. "Nothing." Draco said quickly. You furrowed your eyebrows but decided to let it go.

"I think I'm going back to my dorm." You said. "Yeah, me too." Draco stood up.

He reached his hand out for you to grab it. He pulled you up which caused you to only be a few inches away from him. He was still holding your hand as another sigh left his mouth.

"I'm sorry- about everything." He said.

"It's okay, Draco." You said. Your voice was not more than a whisper.

"I promise I'll be a good friend from now on." He said.

Without another word you wrapped your arms around him. "Good, because I wouldn't know what I would do without you." You said.

You felt him shifting uncomfortably as the words left your mouth.

"Are you sure everything's okay?" You asked as you looked back at him. You could see his eyes were filled with worry.

"Just stop asking, please." He sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to help." You said.

"I don't need your help." Draco hissed.

You stepped back from him, looking at him and narrowing your eyes.

"I'll see you later." He turned around walking out of the door, leaving you behind with your head full of questions. Why did he always have to ruin everything by being such an arse?

As you made sure that Draco really left you closed the door and walked down the staircase. You walked through the corridors making sure that nobody was seeing you.

You gasped as you saw that Mr. Filch his cat was following you.

"Shit." You mumbled. If the cat was here it means that Mr. Filch couldn't be far away.

"I know there's a student out of bed! Show yourself!"

You started to walk faster but you could hear his footsteps getting closer. Before you could manage to think of something you could do, someone grabbed you by the wrist and pulling you around a corner.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: i love soft draco <3 he always has to ruin it tho

let me know what you think of the story so far! hope y'all are having a great day!