CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

You walked into the library to meet with Harry, Ron and Hermione. When they noticed you, all three of them shot their heads your way.

"Something wrong?" You asked in confusion as you sat down next to Ron.

"Malfoy, did he tell you something strange?" Hermione asked, her eyes wide.

You looked at the three of them, raising your eyebrows. "I don't know what you're talking about." You said.

Harry sighed. "Sirius sent us a letter saying he has spotted Lucius in Hogsmeade a lot lately." He said.

"And he said there was another man with him, we assume that was your dad." Hermione said.

"What has this to do with Draco exactly?" You asked.

"We still believe that he will tell you something about all of this." Hermione said. "Yeah, he's not going to keep it a secret to you forever don't you think?" Ron asked, looking at you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Snape said he wanted Draco to come with him. There was someone he wanted him to meet." You said.

Harry raised his eyebrows. "When?"

"Just now. I came to you because he had to go already." You explained.

"Where did he go to?" Harry asked.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me." You sighed.

"Let's find him then, we have to know what's going on." Harry said standing up.

The four of you walked out of the library, through the corridors.

"Did something happen? You seem in your thoughts." Hermione said. She was walking next to you, Harry and Ron in front of you.

You looked back at her, clearing your throat.

"I think me and Draco almost- kissed." You said.

"What?!" Hermione gasped.

Harry and Ron turned around immediately. "What is it?" Ron asked.

"Nothing." You said quickly. They looked at each other in confusion before they turned around again.

"What do you mean you almost kissed?" Hermione whispered.

"Well, he gave me this necklace for Christmas and I asked him to put it on." You said, showing the necklace. "And then he came closer and just when I thought he was about to kiss me, Snape walked in." You sighed.

"Do you want to- you know, kiss him?" Hermione asked.

You looked at Harry and Ron before you looked back to Hermione. "I don't know." You mumbled.

Hermione sighed. "Maybe you're just thinking like this because you're missing Cedric." Hermione said.

You nod your head slightly. "Yeah, that- that must be it." You said.

"Are you going to keep talking or will you two help us and find Malfoy?" Ron asked, looking back.

"We are helping, Ronald." Hermione said, rolling her eyes.

You walked through the corridors for what felt like forever. You couldn't find Snape or Draco anywhere.

"I just want to know what he's up to." Harry said frustrated as the four of you sat down in the Gryffindor common room.

"We will find out what's going on Harry, don't worry to much about it okay? You already have to worry about the second task." Hermione said.

"Right." Harry mumbled. His eyes met yours. "Do you already know what you're going to do to you know- hold your breath under the water?" He asked.

You shook your head. "Cedric would help me to find something but I don't think he will do that anymore." You sighed.

"I'm curious about what we have to find in the lake." Harry said. You nod your head.

"Me too."

*•*•*•*•*•*

A week has passed which means that the Christmas break was over. The second task would find place in two weeks already.

You haven't seen Draco since Christmas day, he was also missing his classes which was nothing like him.

You decided it would be better to ignore Cedric when you met him in the corridors. He still acted like he did nothing wrong and that everything was your fault, which was ridiculous.

"Hello, Y/N?" You snapped out of your thoughts, looking at Blaise. You were having potions.

"Do you know which ingredients you have to use for this potions?" Blaise asked, pointing at a potion in his book.

"I don't know." You sighed.

Blaise shrugged his shoulders and looked back at his book.

"You must now where Draco is. You're sharing a dorm with him, right?" You asked Blaise after a moment of silence.

His eyes met yours as he cleared his throat. "He's just uh- busy." Blaise said.

You looked at him in confusion. "With what, exactly?"

"Stop worrying about others and start making your potion like I asked you to."

You looked to your right seeing Snape standing next to your desk.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled.

He walked back to the front of the classroom, his eyes still on you. You let out a sigh as you grabbed your quill and started to write down the ingredients for the potion.

"Class dismissed." Snape said.

Everyone grabbed their bag and walked out of the classroom.

"Hey Y/N, want to go to the library to find something for the next task?" Harry asked. "

"Sure."

"Miss Y/L/N, can I have a word with you?"

You turned around seeing Snape standing in front of you. You looked at Harry in confusion before you nod your head back at Snape.

"Of course." You mumbled. "I'll meet you after this." You said to Harry. He narrowed his eyes at Snape before he walked out of the classroom.

"Did I do something wrong, professor?" You asked. He shook his head lightly.

"Mr. Malfoy is doing fine. He just had to go home for a few days for some- family business." Snape said in his usual, plain tone.

You looked at him in confusion before you cleared your throat. "Thank you for- telling me." You said.

Snape gave you a slight nod. You grabbed your bag and stood up. As you wanted to walk out of the classroom, Snape said something again.

"You really seem to care about the boy." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah. He's my best friend." You said.

Snape raised another eyebrow, looking at you in confusion. "You're free to go." He then said.

"Thank you." You gave him a slight smile before you walked out of the classroom.

"Family business?" You gasped as your eyes met Harry's.

"I didn't know you were eavesdropping!"

The two of you walked to the library, sitting down at a table.

"What kind of family business do you think he was talking about?" Harry asked.

You sighed as you looked at him. "Can we just focus on the second task instead of Draco? I really don't want to die in two weeks." You said.

A sight left Harry's mouth. "You're right. Sorry, I just want to find out what he's up to." He said.

You nod your head. "Believe me, me too, but let's find out when the tournament is over okay?" You asked.

Harry nod his head before he grabbed a book. "Let's find something we can use in the second task."