CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

You saw them walking around the corner as you slowly followed them.

You stopped as you heard a door slamming closed. Just a couple seconds after that Cedric walked around the corner, bumping into you.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" He asked. "Uhm, I was- I had a free period and I thought maybe we could hangout." You said. This wasn't really the truth but you couldn't think of something else.

"I'd love to." Cedric smiled. After you saw his smile you forgot all the things Pansy said.

"Let's go to the lake, shall we?" You nod your head, a smile on your face. Cedric grabbed your hand as you two walked outside the castle.

"Can I ask you something?" You said as you two sat down by the lake. You were sitting against a three, Cedric's arm around your shoulder. "Sure." He smiled at you.

"When I was laying in the hospital wing, why didn't you come by and visit me?" You asked.

"My friends wouldn't let me go. They told me I had to celebrate. I'm sorry Y/N, I really wanted to but-"

You interrupted him by placing your lips on his. "It's okay, Ced." He smiled at you, wrapping his arms around you a bit tighter. "

"Everything's okay with you now, right?" He asked. You quickly nod your head.

"Everything's okay. How is your head?" You asked looking at the scar on the side of his face. "It looks worser than it actually is." He laughed. "Good."

You smiled at him laying your head on his shoulder. His hand was slowly brushing through your hair. The sun was shining bright on your face.

"I feel so lucky when I'm with you, Y/N." Cedric said.

You tilted your head slightly so you could look at him. He placed a kiss on your lips, causing you to smile.

"I love you." You said.

Cedric's smile grew wider, his eyes lit up.

"I love you too, so much." He smiled.

*•*•*•*•*•*

It was lunch time and you sat down at the Gryffindor table with Hermione and Ron. "

"Where's Harry?" You asked.

"His cauldron fell down, he has to clean it all up." Ron laughed.

When you took a bite from your toast Harry walked into the great hall with a confused look on his face.

"Something happened?" Hermione asked as Harry sat down.

"Well, I let my cauldron fall on purpose. Karkaroff walked in when everyone left." Harry said.

"Why did he have to talk with Snape?" You asked.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "It was so weird. They were whispering something but I couldn't hear much. Karkaroff was showing his arm to Snape, saying something like 'it's burning' and 'it's getting darker'." Harry said.

"That's strange." Hermione said.

You looked at the entrance of the great hall and saw Pansy and Draco walking in together, laughing about something.

"She's getting on my nerves everytime." Hermione said. You looked back at her. "Pansy, I mean." She said.

"Thank you for standing up for me in class." Hermione smiled. "No problem." You said smiling back at her.

"Having a fight with Draco again?" She asked while Harry and Ron were still in a conversation about Karkaroff and Snape.

"How do you know?" You said looking at her in confusion.

Hermione shrugged. "The last time you two were fighting he was getting close with Pansy too."

"Yeah, to make her jealous."

You turned your head, looking at Fred.

"We're not doing this again, Fred." You sighed. He started laughing nudging your shoulder.

"What does he mean?" Now Harry joined the conversation too.

"They think Draco is in love with me." You laughed. Harry's face was now full of disgust.

"Ew."

"Just what I thought." Ron said.

You rolled your eyes. "He's actually really nice but-"

"You keep telling us this but you two are fighting, again. Is he really that nice?" Hermione asked.

You looked at her letting out a deep sigh. "He's just acting different when he's around me."

"Cause he's in love."

You gave George a stern look but he had a big smirk on his face. You rolled your eyes at him.

"I'm going back to my dorm before the next class starts. I have to grab my books." You stood up grabbing your bag.

"Me too, I'll walk with you." Hermione said.

The two of you walked out of the great hall.

"Y/N, look!" Hermione whispered looking at something. She pushed you behind a closet around the corner.

"What are you doing?!" You said.

"Ssh!" She placed her finger on her lip. "Just listen." She whispered.

"The boy and the girl can't know it, Severus." It was Karkaroff who said it.

"My task is clear." Snape said.

"What task?" You asked looking at Hermione in confusion. "I don't know?" She whispered.

"Tell me why is that task of yours so important." Karkaroff said, a hint of disgust in his voice.

"I guess you'll never know." Snape said.

You heard footsteps which sounded liked Snape's. You peeked around the corner seeing Karkaroff still standing there. He was looking around, his brows furrowed. He scratched his arm harshly and then stormed away.

"That was so weird." You said as you and Hermione continued your way to the common room.

"What do you think he was talking about?" Hermione asked.

"I guess we have to find out."