CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE

The next morning as you were walking to class you were talking about the first meeting where Harry would be teaching you this afternoon.

"I can't believe Neville found the Room of Requirement! It's the perfect spot." Hermione said.

"Are you excited to be teaching us, Harry?" You asked as you were nudging his shoulder.

As you walked around the corner, the four of you met eyes with Umbridge who was looking at you suspiciously.

"Do you think she heard anything?" Ron whispered as you were further away from her. "I don't think so, but she would probably kill us if she ever found out." Harry said.

"We have to be more careful when we're talking about this. No one can know, except for the people who are joining us." Hermione whispered.

You nod your head as you walked into the Potions classroom. You took your seat next to Blaise who was looking at you with raised eyebrows.

"Up to something, Y/N?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"What do you mean?" You asked innocently.

"Well, what's with all the whispering?" Blaise asked. In the corner of your eye you noticed Hermione looking at the two of you, probably hoping that you wouldn't tell your best friend.

"Don't know what you're talking about." You said, shrugging your shoulders.

"Goodmorning, Y/N." You turned around, noticing that Jason took a seat behind you. "Hey." You smiled. "How are you?"

"Great, everything sorted out with Malfoy?" He asked.

"Yes." You said. "Thank you again."

Jason smiled at you.

"It's weird to see you two getting along." Blaise laughed.

Draco walked into the classroom. He gave you a small smile as he sat down next to Jason. Blaise looked at Draco in confusion as he turned to face Jason.

Draco reached out his hand before Jason grabbed it with a bit of hesitation in his eyes.

"Shall we start over again, Greenwood?" Draco asked.

Jason eyes met yours for a second before he looked back at Draco. "Sure, Malfoy. My excuses for being a dick." Jason said, shaking Draco's hand.

Draco gave him a small nod as he let go of Jason's hand. He faced the front of the classroom again as you looked at him with a small smile on your face. He seemed to notice this as his eyes met yours, giving you small wink.

Blaise nudged your side as Snape started talking.

"You've got a good effect on him, Y/N." He whispered as he nodded towards Draco who was writing down notes.

You smiled at Blaise before you focused back on Snape. Even though what Draco did with Jason was a small gesture it made you really happy.

"I'm tired of this boring class." Ron scoffed as the four of you were walking out of the classroom. You were heading to the Great Hall for lunch.

"What does he got?" You asked, looking at Filch who was carrying a wooden ladder. More people joined in front of the Great Hall as Filch was doing his work. The big wall that used to be empty was now filled with a couple of frames.

"All student organizations are henceforth disbanded." Harry read from one of the frames that was hanging on the wall.

Filch was climbing up the ladder, placing another frame on the wall, right next to the one that Harry just read out loud.

"Any student in noncompliance will be expelled." You read.

"We're doomed." Ron mumbled. You walked into the Great Hall, taking a seat at the Gryffindor table.

"Did you guys see it?" Neville whispered. You all nodded your heads, a sigh leaving your mouth.

"We should just quit with it." Harry said.

"What?" Almost everyone spoke up as they looked at Harry.

"We're not quitting, mate." George said. "Me neither. I want to do this, I don't care if I get expelled." Ginny said.

You looked proudly around your group of friends. As your eyes fell on Fred you noticed him looking at you. You had to talk things through with him soon.

"Alright, we're not quitting!" Harry said after everyone was protesting. "We just have to be extra careful." He said.

Everyone nodded in agreement. "So, first class is tonight?" Seamus asked.

"Yes, 8 'o clock sharp."

"C'mon, mate. We have transfiguration." George said as he padded Fred on the back. The rest of you had a free period so you stayed in the Great Hall.

"See you tonight then." George said.

As Fred walked away you grabbed his wrist, causing him to turn around. "Can we talk later?" You asked, meeting his eyes.

He pushed your hand away. "No."

Without another word and a apologetic smile from George they walked out of the Great Hall.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I don't know why he's acting so childish." Ginny said as she put a hand on your shoulder.

"It's fine, Gin." You mumbled, looking down at the plate in front of you. As the Great Hall was getting more empty because everyone had class, Ron suggested to play a game of Wizarding Chess.

"So who dares to play against me?" He asked, a smirk on his face. "I would easily win." Seamus said, taking a seat in front of Ron. Ron laughed. "I don't think so, mate."

They set up the chessboard and started playing. Normally you hated chess but this game was really exciting since both Ron and Seamus were really good.

"What's she doing here?" Harry asked, causing you to look up. You followed his eyes and saw professor McGonagall walking into the Great Hall.

She had a worried look on her face as she made her way to the Gryffindor table.

"Miss Y/L/N." She said, putting her hand on your shoulder. "Could you follow me please?"

You looked at your friends in confusion before you stood up. "Sure, professor." You said. As you walked out of the Great Hall with her you looked back at your friends who were all following you and McGonagall with confusion in their eyes.

"Is there something wrong, professor?" You asked as the two of you walked through the corridors.

She looked at you, an apologetic look on her face. "Follow me, Y/N." Was the only thing she said as she led you through the corridors.

We stopped in front of a big statue of a Phoenix. "Dumbledore's office?" You asked as you looked up at McGonagall.

"Sherbet Lemon." McGonagall said. The statue started moving and stairs appeared. "C'mon, dear." McGonagall put her hands on your shoulders as the two of you walked up the stairs.

The doors of Dumbledore's office were open which means that he noticed you immediately.

"Please take a seat, miss Y/L/N." Dumbledore said. His normal, kind expression was now replaced by a look of guilt, almost fear?

"What's going on?" You mumbled as you sat down in front of him. You started to get more nervous by the minute.

A sigh left Dumbledore's mouth before he cleared his throat. "It's about your mother, miss Y/L/N." Dumbledore said.

"What about her? Is she okay?" You asked, meeting eyes with McGonagall before you looked back at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore sighed as he folded his hands and leaned on his desk.

"I'm sorry to tell you but your mother has passed away last night."

*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: upcoming chapters will be longer :)
have a good day!