CHAPTER FOURTY

It was the next day and you were free to leave the hospital wing. You changed back into your normal clothes and took your bag with you. After you thanked madam Pomfrey you walked back to the Gryffindor common room.

After what happened yesterday with Draco you have been feeling weird.

You walked into the common room, meeting eyes with your friends.

"She's back!" Fred and George said at the same time. They walked to you giving you a hug.

"Doing alright?" Fred asked. You nod your head. "Good." George smiled.

"Sorry we didn't come by yesterday we were busy with-"

"Why did you lie to me?" You interrupted Hermione. Fred and George looked at you in confusion.

"What do you mean we lied to you?" Ron asked.

You rolled your eyes. "You know what I'm talking about. Cedric wasn't the one who pulled me out of the water." You said.

You saw Hermione glaring at Ron and Harry. "I wanted to tell you the truth Y/N, but-"

"Then why you didn't?" You interrupted Hermione again.

Harry sighed. "We thought that if we told you that Draco did it you would become even more closer with him." He said.

You scoffed. "What's wrong with that?" You asked.

"Y/N, he's dangerous." Harry said.

A laugh left your mouth. "Draco? Dangerous? You're funny, Harry." You said rolling your eyes.

"Y/N, listen we-"

"He's the reason I'm standing here, Harry! If it wasn't for him my dead body would lay on the bottom of the black lake now!" You shouted.

Harry gulped. "Y/N listen, I didn't want to-"

"Just shut up please." You interrupted Harry. You grabbed your bag that had fallen on the floor and walked to your dorm.

"Let her walk away if she thinks Malfoy is more important than us." You heard Ron mumble.

You turned around, narrowing your eyes at him. "I can't believe you right now, Ron." You said. You walked into your dorm, slamming the door closed.

After a while of laying on your bed in anger you heard a knock on your door.

"Go away." You said, rolling your eyes. You really didn't want to talk to them right now.

"It's me, Y/N." You heard Fred say from the other side of the door. You furrowed your eyebrows as you walked to the door and opened it.

"What is it?" You asked as you met eyes with Fred.

"I came to talk." He said, stepping into your dorm and closing the door. He sat down on your bed, you sat next to him.

"Look, Y/N." Fred said. "What just happened downstairs, they are kind of right but-"

"You came here to tell me you picked the side of your brother?" You interrupted him, rolling your eyes.

"Let me finish, Y/N." Fred said. You shut your mouth as you gave him a smile nod.

"So what I'm trying to say, they may be right but why would you care?" Fred asked. You looked at him in confusion. "They are just worried about you, Y/N. They don't want you in danger."

You nod your head. "You're right." You mumbled.

"And besides that, it's your life. You decide who you want to be friends with and if they don't accept the fact that you want to be friends with Malfoy then it's their loss." Fred said. You smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Or more than just friends." He laughed, giving you a wink.

"Oh, shut up about that." You laughed.

"Well, you know me and Georgie are always right." He said with a smile still on his face. "We have a bet going on actually." Fred said.

"A bet?" You asked in confusion.

"10 galleons for George when Draco will kiss you." Fred laughed.

You stood up, rolling your eyes. "I guess you have to give him 10 galleons then." You said, a small smile on your face.

Fred eyes grew wide. "Wait you did?!" He asked.

"Don't tell anyone! I don't know if it was serious and I don't want anyone to know." You sighed.

Fred nod his head. "I'll keep your secret."

You walked to the door. "I'm going to talk with them." You said as you grabbed the doorknob.

"I'll go with you to make sure you don't kill them." Fred laughed as he stood up.

"I'm not going to kill them." You laughed. You walked down the stairs, back to the common room.

When Harry noticed you he opened his mouth immediately. "Y/N, we're really sorry! We-"

"It's alright, Harry." You interrupted him. You sat down next to Hermione who gave you a small smile.

"I just want to tell you guys that I'll still be friends with Draco, whatever happens. And I don't care what you will think about that." You said. "I know that I'm safe around him, believe me when I say that."

Ron looked at you. "Sorry- for what I said earlier." He mumbled.

"Don't worry, Ron." You said. He gave you small smile as a sigh of relieve left his mouth.

"Please, you're so grown up already, it's scary." Fred said which caused the four of you to laugh.

"Can't handle it that I'm more grown up than you, Weasley?" You teased. Fred rolled his eyes as he pushed you playfully.

"Anyway, I'm going to walk around with Angelina." Fred said.

"Aw, you're having a date with her?" Hermione asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah." Fred said. "Maybe she will kiss me."

Fred looked at you with raised eyebrows, winking slightly. You gave him a stern look. He had a smirk on his face before he walked out of the common room.

"Why was he acting so weird towards you?" Ron asked in confusion.

You sighed as a small laugh left your mouth. "Because he is weird."

"Should we go to class? Snape is already waiting for us." Harry said as he stood up. You grabbed your bag and made your way to the classroom.

As you arrived at the classroom you saw the Slytherins standing in the corridors. Pansy was standing next to Draco, her head on his shoulder.

"Oh, look. Came out of the hospital wing to seek for more attention?" Pansy asked.

Before you looked at her your eyes met Draco's for a second, causing a weird feeling in your stomach.

"What?" You asked in disbelieve, looking back at Pansy.

"How was it to fake drown?" Pansy asked with a smirk on her face.

"Shut up, Pansy." Draco said. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at Draco.

"Don't talk to her like that." He said through gritted teeth.

"You're standing up for her?" Pansy asked in disbelieve. You looked at Draco, giving him small smile.

"I don't think your father will be happy when he hears you're insulting me for her, babe." Pansy said.

She narrowed her eyes at you before she walked into the classroom.

You wanted to say something to Draco but he immediately followed Pansy into the classroom, not giving you another look.

Was he embarrassed because of what happened between the two of you, or did he regret it?