CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

Only one day until the second task would find place. Even though you didn't know what you had to look for in the black lake you were pretty confident about the second task.

"Hey, Y/N!" Harry walked into the common room. You were sitting in front of the fire with Hermione.

"Dumbledore wants to see all the champions." He said. You nod your head as you stood up. "Let's go."

The two of you walked out of the common room, on your way to Dumbledore's office. As you walked into his office you immediately met eyes with Cedric. You quickly looked away, focusing on Dumbledore and Mr. Crouch.

"Champions! Excited for the second task?" Mr. Crouch asked with a smile on his face.

"If you found the clue you know that the second task will take place in the black lake." Dumbledore said. "We'll see you tomorrow morning at 9 o' clock at the lake. Be prepared."

Dumbledore gave everyone an encouraging smile before he opened the door again so you could walk out of his office.

"Hey, Y/N?" You turned around, seeing Cedric standing in front of you. "Can we- uh- talk?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm not really in the mood to talk with you." You said rolling your eyes. You wanted to walk away but he grabbed your wrist.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"It's too late for that." You scoffed.

You wanted to escape from his grip but it was too tight. "Just talk to me about it for god's sake!" Cedric said. His voice became louder.

"Is he bothering you?" You looked over your shoulder, seeing Viktor standing behind you.

"I'm not bothering her." Cedric said, rolling his eyes.

"Let go of her then." Viktor said, walking to the two of you. Cedric looked back at you.

"Tell him I'm not bothering you!" He said.

"Let go of me, Cedric." You said sternly.

He sighed as he let go of your wrist. "You don't know what you're missing." He said before he turned around and walked away.

"You okay?" Viktor asked. You nod your head.

"Yes, thank you for helping me." You smiled. He smiled back at you.

"Draco wanted to see you." He said.

"What?" You looked at him in confusion.

"I was hanging out with him before we got here and he was talking about you all the time so I thought he wanted to see you." Viktor said.

A smile appeared on your face. Viktor returned you a smile. "Say hi to Hermione from me."

"I will. See you tomorrow." You said before you started to make your way to the Slytherin common room.

As you stood in front of the portrait it swung open.

"Ah, look who we have here." Adrian Pucey stood in front of you with a smirk on his face. "I heard you're single again." He said.

"Yes, but still not interested in you." You said, rolling your eyes. "I came to see Draco." You said, looking over Adrian's shoulder to see if you could see him.

"Malfoy?" Adrian started laughing. "I don't think you should bother him right now. He's pretty busy with Pansy, if you know what I mean." He said, winking at you.

"Oh, alright." You mumbled.

"Aw, you're in love with Malfoy now?" Adrian said, still a smirk on his face.