CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

The whistle echoed through the wind. Cedric, Fleur and Krum dived into the lake immediately while you and Harry put the gillyweed in your mouth.

It was absolutely disgusting. As you swallowed it you noticed Harry having a hard time to do so. You pat him on the back and after he finally had it down his throat, the two of you jumped into the water.

The second task had officially begun.

As you looked around in the water you noticed your hands were now fins. You felt a certain pain in your neck. It were gills!

A smile appeared on your face as you noticed the gillyweed worked.

You started to swim through the black lake. Even though it was 9 o' clock in the morning, the lake was very dark.

As you made your way through the seaweed you noticed some merpeople looking at you, they were watching every move. You didn't know where the other champions were, you haven't seen any of them.

As you looked through the lake you heard a sound echoing through your ears. It sounded like the merpeople that were singing. You decided to follow the sounds, hoping that that would bring you to the right place.

Your eyes grew wide as the sound became louder and louder. You noticed four people, flowing in the lake. They were attached to chains.

As you came closer you could see their faces. Draco, Hermione, Cho and a blonde little girl you didn't know. So the clue was that they would take the person that you would sorely miss. There were also two chains flowing in the water with no person attached to it.

As you swam your way to Draco you felt someone bumping your shoulder. It was Cedric. He had used the bubble head charm to breath under water. He narrowed his eyes at you as he released Cho from the chains. He quickly swum away.

You were having a hard time to release Draco from the chains. Because of the darkness you couldn't see much.

As you noticed that next to you Hermione was being saved by Krum you started to worry. Harry and Fleur still weren't there but you felt the clock ticking.

After what felt for like hours of trying the chains finally broke. You took Draco's hand and swam away with him.

You noticed Harry above you with Ron in his hands. He must have been the first one to find them.

You slowly became very tired of all the swimming. You felt your arms going weak as you tried to drag Draco with you.

You wanted to swim up but you felt something grabbing your feet. You looked down and noticed the merpeople were hanging on your feet.

You tried to kick them off but it didn't work. You heard a lot of cheering which probably meant that the rest of the champions were already out of the lake.

You wanted to grab your wand as you noticed the fins on your hands were slowly fading. You wanted to put a spell on the merpeople but you couldn't think straight because of the panic you felt.

You looked at Draco's face, it looked like he was sleeping peacefully.

You gulped as you felt water entering your mouth. Your hands went to your neck, feeling that the gills disappeared. You wanted to get above the surface as soon as possible but the merpeople wouldn't let you.

You looked back at Draco, panic rushing through your body. Without a second thought you pushed Draco up. He now was floating to the surface.

As you looked down at the merpeople you noticed your sight was slowly fading. You felt something grabbing your foot harshly, causing you to scream.

A lot of water filled your mouth. Your eyes slowly closed as the noise from above the surface faded away.

Your sight went black.

You heard unclear voices in the background. As you took a deep breath you felt the pain going through your body. Coughs were leaving your mouth.

You slowly opened your eyes and noticed Draco hanging over you, his eyes full of worry.

"She's okay!" Hermione shouted relieved.

You wanted to say something but the words didn't come out. Your throat was hurting too much.

"Everyone, move!" The people who were hanging over you were being pushed away by madam Pomfrey.

"We have to get you to the hospital wing, my dear." She put a warm towel around you. As she helped you standing up you felt your knees going weak.

"Are you blind? She can't stand up! Lift her up or something!" You heard Draco say harshly.

"I know what I'm doing, Mr. Malfoy." Madam Pomfrey said.

"I'm going with you!" You heard him say.

"I don't think that's necessary, Mr. Malfoy." Madam Pomfrey said. You felt someone grabbing your hand. You couldn't see who it was as you felt to weak to open your eyes.

"She will be fine." Madam Pomfrey told the people that were standing around you.

Even though your eyes were closed you could hear who were standing around you. Draco, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Cedric.

"Take good care of her." You heard Cedric mumble.

Madam Pomfrey lifted you up a bit so you didn't have to walk too much. As you entered the hospital wing she laid you down on a bed.

"What happened?" You managed to get out. Madam Pomfrey had a slight smile on her face as she gave you a potion.

"No time for questions now, you have to rest first. We have to get that water out of your body." She said. She was putting a bandage around your foot.

"Drink this and get some rest." She said as she gave you a potion.

As soon as you drank it you felt your body going numb. You closed your eyes and soon you were sleeping peacefully.