CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

"Y/N, wake up! Harry is here!" Hermione was shaking you.

"Harry? What is he doing here?" You mumbled, still half asleep.

"He was attacked by dementors." Hermione said. Your eyes shot open, looking at her with worried eyes. "Where is he?" You asked.

"Downstairs! The order brought him here." Hermione said.

"The order?" You looked at her in confusion.

"Come downstairs we will explain everything there." Hermione said, walking out of the room. You quickly changed into your clothes before you ran down the stairs.

"Harry!" You said as soon as your eyes met his. You rushed towards him, wrapping your arms around him. "Are you okay?" You mumbled in the crook of his neck.

"Yes, Y/N. I'm fine." Harry mumbled. He let go of you, giving you a warm smile. You looked around the room, seeing some unfamiliar faces. You noticed Sirius, Harry's godfather. Harry has told you a lot about him.

You sat down at the table, taking a seat next to Fred. He gave you a smile as he passed you a cup of tea.

"Harry has a hearing in a few days." Sirius said. "That will determine whether he will return to Hogwarts or not." He continued.

"You're expelled?" Hermione asked in disbelieve.

"He used magic out of Hogwarts while he is underaged." Lupin said.

"I don't understand." Harry said. "What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?"

"He's been attacking Dumbledore aswell." Lupin said. "Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet, to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned."

"Why?" You asked in confusion. Lupin's eyes now met yours. "He thinks Dumbledore's after his job."

"No one in their right mind could believe that." Harry scoffed.

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind." Sirius said.

"It's been twisted and warped by fear." Harry said.

"Now, fear makes people do terrible things, Harry." Sirius said. "The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returned, and I'm afraid the minister will do anything to avoid facing that terrible truth." Sirius sighed.

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again." Lupin said. "Fourteen years ago he had huge numbers at his command. Not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures."

"But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in." Sirius said. "We believe- Voldemort may be after something." He said.

"Sirius." Molly mumbled.

He ignored Molly as he continued his story. "Something he didn't have last time."

"You mean like a weapon?" Harry asked.

"No that's enough!" Molly said. "You say more and you might as well induct him into the order."

"Good." Harry said. "I want to join. If Voldemort's raising an army, then I want to fight." He said. Sirius looked at him with a small grin on his face.

"Alright children, we have to discuss more. Harry, you need to prepare for your hearing." Arthur said looking at Harry. "Will you help him, Y/N, Hermione?" He looked at the two of you.

"Yes." You said. "We will."

Everyone walked outside as Arthur closed the door to discuss more.

"Why didn't you write me?" Harry asked immediately.

"I sent you letters. I-"

"I'm not talking about you, Y/N." Harry interrupted you. "I'm talking about them." He said, looking at Hermione and Ron. "I've gone all summer without a scrap of news from you."

"We wanted to write mate, really." Ron said. "Only-"

"Only what?" Harry interrupted him.

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything." Hermione sighed.

"Dumbledore said that?" Harry asked in disbelieve. "Why didn't he ask Y/N?"

"Because she has gone through the same thing as you." Hermione said.

"But why would he keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help." Harry said. "I'm the one who saw Voldemort return, the one who fought him. I saw how Cedric Diggory got killed." He said.

A sigh left your mouth. Cedric's dead still had a sensitive spot in your head. Fred wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

"Sorry Y/N, I keep forgetting you were so close with him." Harry mumbled.

"It's okay." You smiled. "I'm just glad you're okay." Harry gave you a warm smile.

"So anything happened while I was gone?" He asked. Everyone's eyes shot to you and Fred, George trying to keep in his laughter.

George told Harry what happened, a huge grin on his face.

"Well, I'm glad it's not Draco anymore." Harry scoffed, looking back at you.

As you heard his name a weird feeling was going through your body. You haven't thought about him lately but hearing his name was making your thoughts driving crazy.

What was he doing right now? You were actually curious to his story. But you know it could never be the same again.

You were scared. Scared about what would happen if he really was one of them.

But was he?

You never let him finish his story. But you couldn't forgive him after what he did, right? That would be insane.

"Y/N, we're talking to you." Hermione interrupted your thoughts.

"Sorry. What did you say?" You asked, Draco still in your thoughts.

"We have to help Harry for his hearing." She said. You nod your head as you followed Hermione and Harry.

"Alright, let's make sure you're not getting expelled."

*•*•*•*•*•*

The next morning you woke up early to wish Harry good luck at his hearing. He just left with Arthur.

"They won't expel him, right?" Ron asked. "They can't do that." Everyone sat at the table, including the people of the order. Everyone was waiting for Harry to come back.

As you took a bite of your tast, talking to Fred about the new school year that was only two weeks away you were interrupted by an owl sitting in front of the window.

Molly stood up and opened it, causing the owl to fly in. He flew your way, dropping a letter into your hands. It was a black envelope.

"Is it from your mother?" Fred asked. You turned it around, looking at the silver stamp. Your eyes grew wide as you read it.

"It's not from my mom, I guess." You mumbled. "Excuse me." You shove your chair backwards, rushing up the stairs and walking into your room.

You checked the letter another time to make sure you saw it right.

It was a letter from the Malfoy Manor.