CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"So your dad.. has something to do with all of this?" Ron asked.

You just explained everything to them what happened at the Malfoy Manor last time.

"I guess so." You sighed.

"Have you ever heard Lucius and him talking about strange things?" Harry asked. You shook your head.

"No, I've actually never paid attention to it but as far as I remember I've never heard weird stuff." You said.

"We should ask Draco if he knows something." Harry said.

Ron scoffed. "Do you really think he wants to tell us?"

"He'll tell Y/N." Harry said.

"I don't think that's a good idea, we're in a fight and-"

"Do you want to know what your dad and Lucius are up to?" Ron asked. You looked at him, nodding your head.

"Then ask him, of course he will tell you. He has a weak spot for you." Ron said.

You rolled your eyes. "Fine, I'll try." Harry smiled, giving Ron a high five.

"Class with McGonagall is starting soon." Hermione said.

"I thought we had a free period?" Ron asked. "We normally have, yes. McGonagall said there was something important." You said.

The four of you stood up walking out of the Gryffindor common room. As you walked to the classroom you saw Draco walking the corridors all by himself. His eyes met yours as he stopped walking.

"Y/N?"

You turned around. "Can we talk later?" You looked at him saying nothing as you were still mad at him. Hermione nudged your shoulder.

"Remember our plan." She whispered.

Draco was still standing in front of you, his eyebrows furrowed. "Alright." You said plainly as you walked further to class.

The classroom was almost empty, only a couple of chairs standing on each side of the room. You sat next down to Hermione.

"What do you think Draco has to tell you?" She asked. You shrugged your shoulders.

"Guess I'll find out tonight, I hope he will tell me what's going on because I don't want to ask too much questions. I don't want to go actually." You rolled your eyes.

McGonagall walked in, telling everyone to keep quiet.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception." McGonagall said. "On Christmas Eve Night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night well-mannered frivolity." She looked around, scanning all the Gryffindor faces.

"As representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance."

"That's so fun." You smiled at Hermione. All girls started talking excitedly.

"She can't be serious!" You heard Ron say, causing you to laugh.

"Silence!" McGonagall said.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons!" She had a stern look on her face.

"Now to dance, is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst often take flight." She smiled at you. "Inside every boy a lordly lion, prepared to prance." McGonagall said.