CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

The next morning you woke up, noticing that Harry was out of his bed. You looked to your right, seeing a small note on the table next to you.

I had to go to class and didn't want to wake you. Find me if you need anything, darling.

Draco

"Goodmorning dear, how did you sleep?" You looked up from the note, seeing Madam Pomfrey walking towards you.

"Great." You smiled at her.

"I got you another potion that you have to drink and then you're free to go. Harry already left this morning. He must be in the common room, you two don't have to take classes today." She smiled.

After you drank the potion she gave you, you stepped out of your bed. The pain that the cruciatus cure gave you was now almost gone because of all the healing potions you drank.

You walked out of the hospital wing after you thanked Madam Pomfrey and started to make your way to the common room to meet with Harry.

As you entered the common room you noticed Harry sitting on the couch, staring at the fire. "Want to go for a walk?" You asked.

He looked up, his eyes wide.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." You mumbled.

Harry stood up and walked towards you. "It's alright. Let's go for a walk." He said. The two of you stepped out of the common room. The corridors were empty since there were still classes going on.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked after a short minute of silence.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I really don't know how to feel." You said.

"I feel so stupid." Harry mumbled as the two of you walked through the courtyard. You looked at him in confusion as a sigh left his mouth.

"We knew something was up and we didn't do anything about it." Harry said.

"That's because I said we had to focus on the tournament. It's my fault." You said. "Everything is my fault." You said softly.

"Y/N, that's not true." Harry stopped walking and put his hand on your shoulder. You felt a tear rolling down your cheek.

Harry wrapped his arms around you, rubbing your back. "I can't believe my father is- a deatheater." You said. "What if I become one?"

Harry pulled away from you, looking at you in confusion. "You will never become one, Y/N. Look what you did for me yesterday night. A deatheater wouldn't do that." Harry said.

The rest of the walk was filled with silence as you didn't know anything to say. All you could think about was your dad.

"Do you think Draco knows?" Harry asked as the two of you walked back into the castle. You snapped out of your thoughts.

"What?"

"About his dad being a, well you know. Do you think he knows?" Harry asked.

You shrugged your shoulders. "He never told me anything about it so I don't think so." You said.

Harry nod his head quickly. "Maybe you can ask him and-" Harry stopped in the middle of his sentence as the corridors started to fill with people.

"What did you say?" You asked.

You felt someone grabbing your wrist. You looked up, meeting eyes with Draco.

"Ask him!" You saw Harry mouthed those words as you were being dragged through the corridors.

"I thought you had to rest?" Draco asked as soon as the two of you were alone.

"I thought Harry could use some company- after everything what happened." You said. You looked to the floor, the only thing you could see when you looked at Draco was him being a deatheater, standing next to his father.

"Y/N?" Draco put his index finger under your chin, pulling up your head so you were meeting his eyes. "Why are you not looking at me?" Draco asked as his finger was still under your chin.

You felt tears starting to well up in your eyes.

"You can tell me everything, you know that right?" Draco said softly. You nod your head slowly, trying to blink the tears away.

"Just tell me when you're ready." He said, his thumb brushing your cheek.

"Y/N, there you are!"

You looked up, seeing Fred walking towards you.

"She can't talk right now." Draco scoffed.

"Are you okay?" Fred asked, ignoring Draco. You whiped a single tear from your cheek as you gave him a smile nod. Fred glared at Draco for a second before he looked back at you.

"I actually wanted to ask you something." He said.

"She-"

"Tell me." You interrupted Draco.

"Well, I was talking with my mum about you know- that letter you've had." Fred said.

You nod your head, grabbing Draco's hand as he stood behind you.

"You can come to our house during the summer." He said. "If you want."

You felt Draco's hand slipping out of yours. "Really?" You asked.

Fred nod his head excited.

"I'd love to!"

"Great! I'll write mum you're coming." He said. You smiled at him before he continued his way through the corridors.

"You're not going home during summer?" Draco asked confused.

You shook your head. "My mom doesn't want me to come home." You mumbled.

"What?"

"She sent me a letter this morning to tell me." You said.

"That's insane." Draco mumbled. "Why are you going to the Weaselbee house though? Why are you not staying with me?" Draco asked.

Thoughts were going through your head about staying at the Malfoy Manor and having to see Lucius again.

"Y/N?" Draco snapped you out of your thoughts.

"I can't stay at your house." You said.

Draco raised his eyebrows. "So you're telling me you rather spend your summer with Fred instead of me, huh?" He scoffed.

"Draco, that's not the point. I-"

"Then tell me what the fucking point is."

You were taken back by his reaction.

"I can't- tell you." You said softly.

"You don't trust me? Is that what you're saying?" Draco asked in disbelieve.

"Draco, please. I can explain-"

"Whatever, Y/N." Without another look he walked away, leaving you alone in the empty corridors.

A sigh left your mouth as you watched him walking away, again.

"Sorry about that." You looked up, seeing Fred walking around the corner.

"It's not your fault." You said, giving him a weak smile.

You walked past him, wanting to make your way back to the common room. He grabbed your wrist, turning you around.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Fred asked, his eyes filled with worry.

"I'm fine." You lied as you gave him a weak smile. He let go of your hand.

You turned back around, continuing your way to the common room.

All you could think about was the conversation you needed to have with Draco about his dad. What if he already knows? Would he ever tell you about it?