CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

You were sitting near the lake, enjoying the sun on your face and reading the book Harry gave you for Christmas.

The second task was only two days away now and you and Harry still didn't find anything to hold your breath under water.

Hermione and Ron helped the two of you till deep in the night, with no succes. You tried to do the bubble head charm but you just couldn't get it right.

You were pretty scared for the second task, as you still didn't know what you were going to do. Also, you still haven't seen Draco which caused you to worry about him a lot.

You sighed as you looked over the lake, closing your eyes for a second as you leaned your head against the tree.

"Enjoying the weather?"

You opened your eyes as you heard his voice. You turned around your eyes meeting Draco.

You scoffed. "You have been gone for almost two weeks and the first thing you ask is if I'm enjoying the weather?"

A laugh escaped his mouth as he sat down next to you. "I thought Snape told you that I was with my family." Draco said as he looked at you.

"He said it would be for a few days, not two weeks!" You said. "What did you have to go home for anyway?" You asked.

"Uhm-" Draco gulped. "My aunt visited us after a long time and my father wanted me to meet her." He said.

"I didn't know you had an aunt." You said.

Draco nod his head slightly. "Mother doesn't talk about her very often." He sighed.

You looked at his face. It was even more pale than it was before, the bags under his eyes still visible.

You laid your hand on his shoulder. He seemed to startle at your movement. "Are you- okay?" You asked.

He quickly nod his head. "Yeah, ofcourse."

You looked at his hands, he was holding a tiny bag.

"What's that?" You asked, pointing to the bag. He opened it, taking something out of it.

"Gillyweed. Snape asked me to bring something for a potion." He said.

"Gillyweed?"

"Yeah, I don't understand it either. I thought you can't use it for a potion but clearly-"

"I mean, what is gillyweed?" You interrupted him.

"It's a magical plant. When you eat it, it allows a human to breathe under water." Draco said.

"What?" You grabbed it out of his hands. "Can I use it?" You asked with a smile on your face.

Draco raised his eyebrows, looking at you in confusion. "Use it for what?" He asked.

You explained everything about the second task, and that you knew for sure that you had to go into the black lake.

"So you're going to use this to hold your breath?" Draco asked. You nod your head, looking back at him.

"I don't know if it is enough though." He said.

"I just need it for one hour." You said.

He nod his head. "Then it will work." He smiled at you.

"Can I have it?" You asked.

"Ofcourse, I just tell Snape I forgot to bring it." He said as he shrugged his shoulders. You smiled at him, giving him a hug.

"Thank you so much." You said. You put the gillyweed in your bag and looked back at Draco.

"So about what happened, I mean what almost happened, in the astronomy tower. I think we need to talk about it." You sighed.