CHAPTER THREE

The next morning you woke up hearing Hermione talking to herself.

"Oh goodmorning Y/N, I'm sorry if I woke you up." She smiled.

"Don't worry, how late is it?" You asked.

"8 'o clock. Breakfast will be starting soon." She said. You stood up and put on your Gryffindor robes.

"Why were you so late yesterday? Did Dumbledore ask you something?" Hermione asked while you two were walking to the great hall. You shook your head.

"Draco and I had a conversation, that's why I was later." You explained.

"Malfoy? Do you know him?" Hermione asked.

You told Hermione the whole story of you and him being friends for very long.

"I don't understand how you can be friends with somebody like that." She said.

"Well, he's very different when he's around me. I don't think you have seen that side of him." You said.

"Ooh, what is he like?" Hermione asked curious.

You wanted to answer her but were interrupted by Harry and Ron.

"I am starving! What about you Y/N? Excited for your first day?" Ron asked smiling bright.

You only knew him for one day but you already knew that he was going to be a really good friend.

"Very excited, Ron!" You smiled.

You four sat down at the Gryffindor table. When you saw Draco walking in with his friends your thoughts were going back to your conversation of last night.

"Excuse me, I'll be back in a minute." You said standing up. You walked over to the Slytherin table.

"Draco, can we talk?" You asked, looking at him. He didn't even look up.

"Well, if that isn't the blood traitor herself." Pansy said.

Your eyes met hers. "What did you just call me?" You asked.

"Don't act like you didn't hear me." She hissed.

You looked at Draco. "You're not going to say anything to her?" You asked.

Finally Draco looked you in your eyes.

"It's not like she's saying the wrong things." Draco said plainly.

You stood there, gasping. Did Draco really just said this?

"What is it. Lost your tongue, blood traitor?" Pansy laughed.

You wanted to say something to her, punch her in her face but then you remembered your mother's words:

"Don't let anyone get to you Y/N. You don't always have to talk back."

You sighed and stormed out of the great hall, hearing Pansy laughing.

You bumped into someone.

"Ooh look out there." Your eyes met Blaise's.

"Oh hey, also came here to call me a blood traitor?" You asked irritated.

"What?" Blaise looked at you confused.

You sighed. "Nevermind, I have to go." You wanted to walk away but Blaise pulled you back.

"Did you even eat something?" He asked. You shook your head. "Hmm, wait here." Blaise said. He walked into the great hall.

A couple of minutes later he came back with two pieces of toast in his hand. "What a gentleman." You chuckled. Blaise laughed but his face expression went serious again.

"So.." Blaise started. "Are you going to tell me what is going on?"

You took a bite of your toast and sighed.

"It's just.. me and Draco had a conversation yesterday about him telling me that I'm a shame for my family. I wanted to talk to him today but suddenly Pansy called me a blood traitor. Draco didn't even do something! He said that Pansy was right, I can't believe him." With every word you said you became angrier.

"Blood traitor? What is that kind of nonsense?" Blaise asked.

You two were now walking outside by the lake.

"He's always been so nice to me, Blaise. I don't know what happened. How can you judge someone because of the house they were put in?" You asked.

"Listen Y/N. I don't know what got into his head but you're not a blood traitor. The hat chooses your house so you can't do anything about it." Blaise said.

You two sat down by the lake.

"He is kinda right tho." You said softly. You didn't think Blaise heard it. Suddenly his arm was around your waist.

"Y/N don't worry to much about this please. You're not a shame to your family, they must be proud to have a strong daughter like you." Blaise smiled.

"Thank you, that means a lot." You smiled back and hugged him.

"At least there's a Slytherin who has brains." You mumbled in his neck. Blaise laughed. "I'm glad you already found the best Slytherin Hogwarts has."

You looked up and your eyes met his.

"Oh I did? Where? I don't see him anywhere.." you joked. Blaise chuckled and stood up.

"Let's get to class shall we? Don't wanna be late on your first day I suppose?" You grabbed his hand and he helped you up.

The first class you had was potions, together with the Slytherins so you and Blaise could walk together.

When you arrived at the classroom you didn't see anyone standing in the halls anymore.

"Shit are we late?" You asked. You both must have forget the time because of all the talking by te lake.

"Oh no.. Snape will be going mad at us." Blaise sighed.

You stood in the door opening seeing Snape his back. He was writing something on the board.

"Don't make any noise. Just act like we've been her since class started." Blaise said.

He took your hand and you both walked to the table in the back. You two sat down and a big sigh left your mouth. You chuckled and gave Blaise a high five.

"Stop the cheering." You looked up and met Snape's dark eyes.

"Do you really think I didn't see you two coming in late? Where have you been?"