CHAPTER SEVEN

The next morning you woke up from a soft voice. You opened your eyes and saw Hermione standing beside your bed.

"Goodmorning Y/N! This letter just got here, it's for you." She said.

"Thanks Hermione." You took the letter.

"Why does it read.. that?" Hermione asked looking confused. You looked at the back of the letter and read the words.

"To my favorite Slytherin Y/N Y/L/N."

"You didn't tell your parents you have been sorted into Gryffindor?" Hermione asked. You sighed and sat up. "I haven't.. yet.. I'm afraid to do it to be honest." You looked down at the letter in your hands.

"Why are you afraid?" Hermione sat down next to you.

"All my family was in Slytherin. My dad always told me I would be a shame to the family if I wasn't." You said. Hermione gasped. "He really said that?" You nod slowly.

"You know Y/N, you have to tell them one day. You can't ignore them for the rest of your time at Hogwarts. Gryffindors are really brave, I bet they would be proud of you." Hermione said, laying her hand on your shoulder. You smiled. "Thank you."

You wanted to open the letter but there was a loud bang on the door.

"Hermione, Y/N! Wake up, somethings happening!" You heard Ron scream.

Hermione stood up and openend the door.

"What is it Ronald?"

"Two other schools are arriving! Something with a competition! Come with us!" Ron disappeared in the common room. Hermione and you quickly put on your robes and followed Ron and Harry outside.

When you came outside there already were hundreds of students gathering around by the big lake.

"Hey Y/N!" You looked up and met Cedric's eyes. You smiled at him. "Hey Cedric, do you know what's happening?" "Think we'll find out now!" Cedric said pointing in the air.

A carriage with horses was flying in the air. Hagrid leaded them to the black forest.

Seconds later a big ship came out of the water. You heard everyone gasping.

"Students meet me in the great hall. Professor Dumbledore has an announcement!" Professor McGonagall said.

You started walking back into the castle, Cedric walking next to you.

"I was thinking. Maybe we can meet in the library after classes? I'd like to talk more with you." Cedric smiled. "I'd love to." You smiled. "Great! See you then." Cedric waved at you and made his way to the Hufflepuff table.

Your eyes met Draco's for a second. He looked furious. Hermione nudged your shoulder, causing you to break eye contact with Draco.

"I didn't know when this happened but you need to tell me everything later!" She said sitting down at the Gryffindor table.

"Telling what later?" Ron asked.

"Cedric Diggory has a crush on Y/N!" Hermione said giggling.

"Ooooh pretty boy Diggory!" Fred said winking. "Only one week here and already getting the good looking dudes!" George shouted.

You laughed feeling your cheeks going red. Before you could say something Dumbledore stood up.

"Silence!!!"

Everyone stopped talking.

"This year Hogwarts has the honour to host the biggest competition in the wizarding world." Dumbledore began. Some people started whispering. "The Triwizard Tournement will be held at Hogwarts this year! The students of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons will join us this year at Hogwarts. Three champions, one of each school, will be picked by the goblet of fire." Dumbledore took a cloath of something and a big goblet was now standing in the middle of the great hall.

"You must put your name in the goblet of fire. Friday the goblet will pick three champions who will compete in three different tasks. But be aware, the tasks are extremely dangerous." Dumbledore said.

"Wicked.." you heard George say.

"Now please welcome the beautiful ladies of Beauxbatons!" Dumbledore smiled.

The door swung open and girls in blue started walking into the great hall leaving some butterflies around the four tables.

"Oh this is going to be a good year." You heard Ron whisper to Harry. A giggle left your mouth.

"Beautiful ladies! Now here are the students of Durmstrang!"

With a loud bang the students walked into the great hall.

"That's Krum!" Ron said his mouth open. "He's handsome." Hermione whispered to you. "Definitely is!" You laughed. The great hall bursted into loud cheering.

"Now now. Please remain silent again. Now that everyone's set, there are a couple of rules that come with the Triwizard Tournement." Dumbledore said.

"Barty Crouch and I have decided that students under the age of 17 are not allowed to compete in the tournament." Again, everyone in the great hall started shouting. But now there were more angry shouts than cheering.

"That's rubbish!" Fred and George shouted.

"Do you really want to participate in a competition that could kill you?" Hermione asked them in disbelieve. "Yeah why not." George said. "That would be wicked." Fred said with a smirk on his face.

After the great hall finally went silent, Dumbledore put up his hand.

"You have until friday to put your name in the goblet of fire. Keep in mind that when you're chosen to compete there's no going back." He said. "Now please, enjoy your breakfast." Dumbledore smiled and sat down.

Food appeared on your plate.

"It's nonsense you have to be 17 to compete. I could finish all the tasks simply." Ron said taking a bite from his toast.

"Well I think the tasks would finish you." Hermione said, causing you and Harry to laugh. Ron rolled his eyes and started a conversation with Harry.

"He keeps staring at you, Y/N." Hermione whispered.

"Who?"

"Cedric ofcourse!" Hermione giggled.

You looked up and met eyes with Cedric. A smile formed on his lips.

"You two would be so cute together." Hermione said smiling. "Oh shut up." You laughed pushing her playfully.

You took a bite of your toast giving another look to Cedric. He was talking with his friends. A smile appeared on your face.

You really were looking out to seeing him again later that day.