CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss." Dumbledore said.

Every student was sitting in the Great Hall. It didn't look like it did everyday. The Great Hall was dark, sad faces all around.

"Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend." Dumbledore continued.

Hermione squeezed your hand as she noticed a tear rolling down your cheek. You looked at her, giving her a thankful smile.

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died." Dumbledore said.

You looked to your left, where Harry was sitting, noticing that he was looking back at you in confusion. Was Dumbledore really going to tell everyone what happened?

"You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort!" Dumbledore said. You heard some people gasp and whispering. The whispering soon stopped as Dumbledore continued his story. "The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory." Dumbledore said.

You felt some eyes on you and Harry as Dumbledore kept talking.

"Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever." Dumbledore said, with a small smile on his face. "Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we will celebrate a boy who was kind, honest, brave and true right to the very end." Dumbledore finished.

A small smile placed itself on your lips as you heard his words. Even though a lot had happened between you and Cedric you thought he deserved this speech the most. Dumbledore was right about everything.

The Great Hall started to get empty as everyone was about to pack their trunks since tomorrow you would be leaving Hogwarts for summer. You wanted to make your way out of the Great Hall when you felt somebody grabbing your wrist.

"Hey, I haven't seen you since everything that happened." You met eyes with Blaise who gave you a warm smile.

"Sorry, I was just trying to let everything sink in." You said.

"Don't apologize. I get it. Are you feeling better now?" He asked.

You nod your head, giving him a smile. You noticed Draco glaring at the two of you before he stormed out of the Great Hall.

"Do you know why he's acting so weird?" Blaise asked.

Your thoughts were going back to yesterday as you shook your head. "No idea." You lied.

Blaise nod his head. "I'm going back to my dorm to pack my trunk. You will come say goodbye to me tomorrow, right?" Blaise asked.

"Ofcourse I will." You smiled. Blaise returned you a smile before he gave you a quick hug. "I'm glad you're okay." He said. He waved at you another time before he walked out of the Great Hall.

You also started to walk out of the Great Hall, making your way to the Gryffindor common room. As you entered the room you saw Harry, Ron and Hermione sitting on the couch, talking to each other. You sat down next to Ron, a sigh leaving your mouth.

"Excited to come to the Burrow this summer?" Ron asked with a smile on his face. "Hermione will be there too." He said.

"Really? That's so fun!" You said as you looked at Hermione in excitement. "What about you Harry?" You asked.