CHAPTER SIXTEEN

You were having potions, sitting next to Blaise. You couldn't keep your attention on what professor Snape was saying. Different thoughts were running through your head. Draco's father being a deatheater, your father probably being one aswell and about the fact that Harry's dreams always became reality.

Y/N?" You felt Blaise nudging your shoulder. You snapped back into reality, looking at Blaise. "I'm asking you something."

"Sorry, what did you say?" You asked.

"Did you notice Snape has been staring at you for like an hour?"

You looked at Snape. Blaise was right. His intense gaze was at you, it felt like he was looking right through you.

"Class dismissed." He said in his usual tone, still not taking his eyes of you.

"Even Snape has a crush on you." Blaise laughed as you two walked out of the classroom.

"Ew! Please don't ever say that again." You said laughing.

"You haven't been laughing for a while, it's good to see it again." Blaise said.

"Yeah, everything has been.. difficult lately. I haven't found anything out about the first task and it's stressing me out." You sighed.

"Y/N!" You saw Cedric walking to you. "Can we talk?"

You nod your head and looked at Blaise. "See you later, Blaise." You smiled at him as you walked away with Cedric.

"We have to meet tonight." Cedric said when you two were walking alone through the corridors. "I think I have found something about the first task and I want to check it out." He said.

"Really? What is it you found out?" You asked curiously.

"I don't know for sure but I think it's something in the dark forest." Cedric said. "We have to be careful though, nobody can see us." He said. You nod your head.

"I'll be waiting for you outside. Meet me at 10 alright?" Cedric said. "I'll be there."

Cedric smiled at you giving you a quick kiss on your cheek. "Sorry, wanted to do that since we started this conversation. You look pretty today." Cedric said before he made his way to his next class. You smiled at his words.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast as you were excited to find out what Cedric has found out.

You walked out of the common room, down to the big doors of the castle where Cedric was already waiting for you.

"Hey." You smiled.

"Hey, ready?" Cedric asked as he gave you a hug. You nod your head and the two of you made your way outside.

"Have you ever been to the dark forest before?" You asked. Cedric shook his head. "Then why do you know we have to go there?" You asked confused.

"I heard Krum talking to his mates. Saying things about something he heard in the dark forest." Cedric said.

"I didn't know it was this dark." You sighed as you stood before the forest. "It looks so scary." You said.

"Don't worry, I got you." Cedric took your hand and smiled at you. You smiled back at him as you two stepped into the forest.

In the distance you heard different kinds of noises so you decided to walk that way. Suddenly orange light lit up the forest. You gasped.

"What was that?"

"Only one way to find out." Cedric said.

You walked to the orange light as the noise became louder. Your grip tightened around Cedric's hand.

"Dragons." Cedric said. "We have to beat a dragon for the first task."

"We have to do what?"

As you looked over his shoulder you saw five dragons in cages. They were going wild, making noises and leaving fire everywhere.

"They really want to kill us huh?" You asked. Cedric didn't say anything. He was looking at the dragons, his eyes wide.

"I need to tell Harry." You said turning around to walk back to the castle.

"Tell Harry? Why?" Cedric walked next to you.

"He deserves to know it aswell." You said.

"I thought it would be helpful if we are the only onces who know it. The chance of taking the first place will be bigger then." Cedric said.

You scoffed. "Are you serious? Ofcourse I'm going to tell Harry, he's my friend." You said.

"Well, maybe you should tell Draco too, right? Because he's such a good friend to you. I bet he will snitch us as soon as he finds out we sneeked out of the castle to find this out." Cedric rolled his eyes.

"What is going on with you? And what is that thing of hate between you and Draco?" You asked as you two entered the castle again.

"You keep thinking about other people. Maybe you should think about yourself for once." Cedric said, avoiding your question.

"I think I can decide for myself what I do." You snapped. It was silent for a short moment.

"You're right, I'm sorry Y/N. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." A sigh left Cedric his mouth. "I'm just stressed after seeing those dragons I guess." He said.

"Hey, it's okay." You grabbed his hand. "You will beat it easily, Cedric. You're a good wizard, you'll know what to do." You said giving him a warm smile.

"Thank you Y/N." Cedric gave you a hug. As he pulled back you saw him staring at your lips for a second.

"Meet me tomorrow at the library? Maybe we can find more things out about dragons so we're prepared." You said.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Cedric's eyes went from your lips to your eyes.

"Meet me in the library tomorrow." You smiled.

Cedric nod his head, a smile on his face. "I will."

"Goodnight, Cedric."

"Goodnight, Y/N."

You turned around to make your way back to the common room when you felt Cedric grabbing your wrist.

"Did you want to say-"

Your sentence was interrupted by Cedric pushing his lips against yours. You were surprised at first but kissed him back.

After a couple of seconds you pulled back, feeling your cheeks getting red.

"Sleep well, Y/N." Cedric said, winking at you before he walked of to the Hufflepuff common room.

As you walked back to your common room you couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. It felt so good. A smile appeared on your face.

As you almost reached the common room you heard a voice you didn't want to hear right now.

As you turned around you saw Professor Snape standing in front of you.

"Why are you out of bed so late at night, miss Y/L/N?"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: thank you guys so much for 100 reads!! It means a lot to me <3

Please comment what you think of the story so far, i'd like to know :) see you next chapter