Part 40: Internships

Hey readers, hope you enjoy.

<Izuku's POV>

The day comes to a end, with Nedzu accepting of the materials and the media finding out that we cleaned up Takoba Municipal Beach Park. Besides being haunted by my emotions, the rest of the break went uneventful.

Checking my phone of the latest news, I scroll onto 'Heroes Telegraph' story of the Hero Killer: Stain. "The pro hero Ingenium has fallen victim to the Hero Killer in Hosu City. Thankfully surviving the incident, however left in a state that'll undoubtedly lead to his retirement." 'Wait. Isn't Iida the younger brother to Ingenium?' I thought looking to the next story. "All Might seen at..." Turning my phone off, knowing that I'm caught up.

"Sir, we have arrived at UA." Wallis stated, parking the car.

"Thank you Jarvis." I sarcastically replied.

"I always thought I'll be Alfred?" He countered, causing me to chuckle. "Anyways, have a lovely day at school."

"I'll try Wallis." I answered, before walking into UA. Inside the class, I see Momo and Todoroki at their seats. Taking mine, we wait in silence as the rest of the class walks in.

"Hey Tats! I heard that you and Baka completely cleaned the Takoba Municipal Beach Park, is that true!?" Mina questions, hoping over to my desk.

"Y-yes. B-but Nejire of the B-big 3 also h-helped." I stuttered a answer, Mina slightly deflating from the stuttering. "S-so how's Kirishima and you doing? I-I can smell his scent on you." Mina and Kirishima enter into a blushing messes, as the class stares the two down.

"Alright, everyone shut up. Class is starting now." Aizawa commanded. "I have news that'll massively effect your future as heroes." The class tenses up at this unnecessarily long wait. "You'll be doing internships." The class sighing at in relief. "Now this isn't something we normally do for first years, however because of the obstacles that you've faced we opened up requests for your year." Pressing a button to show the list of amount of requests per student.

1. Izuku Tatsuma- 101,420
2. Katsuki Bakugo- 4,123
2. Shoto Todoroki- 3,556
4. Momo Yaoyorozu- 360
...
20. Minoru Mineta- 1

"Sweet! We all got internships!" Kirishima commented.

"YEAH! Look how many Tatsuma got! If we added all of our requests together, we still won't come close." Kaminari exclaimed, causing Aizawa to use his quirk to quieten the class.

"Before you decide which agency you'll be going, you will need to pick out your hero names." Aizawa stated as Midnight makes her entrance.

"Which is why I'll be taking the class, Eraserhead here is horrible at deciding names." Midnight taking over, with Aizawa entering his sleeping bag. "Now come and grab a whiteboard and write your hero names. Remember these could be the one's that'll be with till the end of your career." Minutes pass in complete silence, till Asui rises her hand. "Tsuyu! Come up a present your Hero name!"

"I came up with, Rainy-Season Hero: Froppy." Tsu announced, instantly gaining the approval of Midnight. The class stress fades, as everyone goes up one by one to show their hero names. Almost everyone managing to get approved by Midnight, besides Katsuki and Ashido who went up multiple times.

"Tatsuma. Come up and show the class what you have so far." Midnight calling me out, as I get and walk to the front.

"Let me fucking guess. The Hell-Flame Dragon Hero: Atlas." Katsuki teased, only to get wacked in the back of the head by Atlas.

"That's my name boom boom Pomeranian!" Atlas insults Katsuki, with Midnight enjoying the gun show.

"S-seeing how I can't think of a g-good hero name. I d-decided to just g-go with, The Eternal-Flame Hero: Deku." I present my title.

"What does 'Deku' mean?" Mina questioned. "I know Baka over their calls him that, but you guys never said what it meant."

"Originally meant 'useless'. But after returning from the kidnapping, it changed to 'you can do anything'." Atlas informs the class, confusing everyone.

"The useless becoming the unstoppable fucking force of nature, poetic." Bakugo commented, as everyone realises the impactful messaging to that. 

"Accepted. Now Iida do you mind showing the class your chosen hero name." Midnight stated as I take my seat, with Atlas returning into me. Iida walking up and showing the class the whiteboard. "Tenya. Not very interesting but it'll work."

"Seriously? You're equally boring to Todoroki." Mina told off Iida.

"W-well a majority of engine and speed names have already been taken, b-but I'm surprise that you aren't taking the Ingenium title. Seeing how your brother will most likely not going use it." I stated, as Iida death stares at me. 'Why is he staring at me like this? Does he still have a grudge from the sports festival?' 'Most likely he believes that you'll stop him from revenging his brother.' That realisation occurring in my head as Aizawa beginning to rise from his sleeping bag. "Aizawa sensei?"

"Yes Tatsuma?" Aizawa stated looking towards me, along with the class.

"May I request that all choices in the Hosu area be cancelled due to the Hero Killer." I requested, directing to Iida.

"I'll take your issue to the principle. Till he decides, all of you will be given these lists of pros that'll you choose to have your internship with. You have two days to decide, and if you fail to choose you'll be with me in class." Aizawa stated, with everyone nodding besides Iida who's looking down at his desk. "Reps. You have a meeting after this, so when the bell goes head to 3-A classroom." Taking a cursory look at my list, I tick Ryukyu's agency and burn Endeavor's agency. Handing it to Aizawa as the bell rings, walking next to Momo while she continues to look at her list.

"Who are you going to choose for your internship?" I asked Momo, catching her off guard.

"I-I narrowed down to Fat Gum or Uwabami, but I'm leaning towards the latter." She answered, confusing me.

"Why, are you planning to become a model on the side of your hero career?" I questioned, with her shaking her head. "What's pushing you away from Fat Gum?"

"Honestly I have no real knowledge on the hero, besides that he has a fat based quirk." Momo conceded, looking at the list.

"Then allow me to fill in some knowledge. He is a respected hero in the community that he patrols in, and by both UA and the hero commission allowing him to have work placements. One example is Suneater, one of the Big 3." I informed, as Kendo walks up to us. "Hey Kendo! Do you have a Internship?"

"Yeah, it's with Uwabami!" She answered, looking at the both of us.

"Can't wait to see what commercial that you'll be in."

Thanks for reading! PEACE!!