Part 50: The Dragon And The Bird

Hey readers, Hope you enjoy!

<Izuku's POV>

"What? Look at me and say that you wouldn't do that." I defended, causing them to shrug and look at the next race. Todoroki easily winning with his superior mobility, only 0.01 seconds from beating Momo's time. 2nd place was surprisingly Jiro, due to Kirishima and Denki being idiots while Tokoyami is noticeable began doubting his abilities and limiting himself in the process. "Why are all the powerful classmates have or had something limiting them? Momo and Kacchan managing to break free from their limiters, myself constantly entering into shy weakling after my job is done, Todoroki's habit of not using his fire side, and now Tokoyami's self doubt about his abilities."

"What don't you think the rest of us are powerful?" Mina huffed, causing the rest of the class that wasn't listed joins in.

"Look me straight in the eyes and tell me you can defeat one of the people I listed if they don't have their limiting mindset." I countered, looking straight at them.

"I think I can beat Tokoyami at full strength." Sato proclaimed.

"He'll crush you. He has the intelligence and power to defeat you with his limits." Katsuki stated, causing everyone to nod.

"It's not bad to be less powerful. Either villains will underestimate you, or you will find unique ways to become stronger." I spoke catching their attention. "Also. Who doesn't like a underdog?" Doing a slight smile, everyone calms down as the last match contestants walk up.

"Can the last match contestants please make their way to the starting line!" All Might announced, with them walking away.

"I honestly thought that I'll be somewhere last!" Jiro proclaimed, using Denki as something to lean on.

"Couple goals!" Mina teased the two, making Jiro use her quirk and fry Denki's brain.

"WE ARE NOT A COUPLE MINA!!!" Jiro shouted.

"I'm just teasing!" She defended, as the race starts. Iida taking the lead for the beginning by sliding on the pipes, only for Katsuki to rocket past him at tremendous speeds. "What the hell kind of training did he do during the internship!!!"

"He went to the retired pro hero Gran Torino. He's the homeroom teacher for All Might, and has a quirk called Jet. It grants extremely high mobility in the right hands." I inform, shocking everyone in the process. "To think, this is the same teacher that All Might was afraid of." Everyone stares at the screen as Katsuki claims 1st place for the race. Iida claiming 2nd barely, as Tsu uses the environment to her advantage by jumping pipe to pipe to claim 3rd. Shoji unfortunately got last due to stepping on one of Mineta's balls, failing to finish the race and handing Mineta 4th.

"Alrighty! Lets head with the rest of the class and show the results! Young Mineta, please remove your balls off of Young Shoji!" All Might announced as everyone joins back into the main group. "Now here is the leader board!" 

1.Izuku Tatsuma

2.Katsuki Bakugo

3.Momo Yaoyorozu

4.Shoto Todoroki

...

17.Fumikage Tokoyami

18.Yuga Aoyama

19.Rikido Sato

20.Mezo Shoji

"Congratulations, Young Tatsuma. You have claimed fastest and a trip with me to go to I-Island!" All Might proclaimed, as the class claps.

"T-thank y-you All Might." My shy nature retaking control as I spoke.

"Well that is all for today! So you are all now dismissed!" The teacher stated, causing us to leave towards the changing room. During the walk their I slow down and pull Tokoyami to the side.

"What's bothering you?" I spoke softly, looking at him with concern. 

"Nothing-." Tokoyami begun lying, as I stare into his eyes. "*Sigh* After my internship with the number 4th hero Hawks, I've begun questioning my capabilities as a future hero. All I did was assist in cleaning up after rescue missions and informed him about the USJ incident. I got nothing out of it."

"Let me tell you something. These feelings are common, but mostly unfounded." I stated catching his attention. "You are smart and powerful. From someone who also has two minds inside of them, you just need to learn to accept all of yourself. Remember, I'm always here for you when you need help. Ok?"

"How?" Tokoyami muttered. "My quirk becomes stronger in the darkness, to the point I can't control Dark Shadow. It can harm the ones I care for and civilians I'm protecting, so how can I control it?" 

"You don't." Atlas manifests himself next to me. "Dark Shadow is apart of you, not a untameable creature within you. Like how people who haven't even met you, will eventually expect that you to protect them. Trust. Trust yourself, because trying to control yourself without trusting yourself is impossible."

"The reason why Dark Shadow is a demon within you is because that's how you see it. Perspective can be both your greatest weapon and your worst nightmare. Either way you have friends that are willing to be their and support you." I continued as Atlas flows back into me, while I begin to walk into the changing room. "Even in a world of absolute light. Their will always be shadows that exist, and I trust you to be their."

Thanks for reading and peace!