Part 25: Obstacle Race

Hey readers, hope you enjoy!

<Izuku's POV>

"This has already became worse torture than when I was kidnapped." I said, hoping they can here me.

"Oh. So that is coming from your parents then, uh? Sucks to be you." Jiro states, twirling her earphones. Before I can counter, Midnight spoke up.

"Alrighty everyone, time to see what event we have for these new bloods." As she whips the air, then the screen began rapidly moving to see what we have in store. "The first event is... Obstacle Race!! The rules are simple, you must go through the track and any obstacles in place. The first 42 students that finish will make it to the next event! If no one has any questions, please go to the starting line!"

Looking at the tunnel that everyone has to go through, I take my position at the back while building up heat as the computerized buzzer goes off. Using the high walls, I jump in between them being unfazed by the mass mob grappling over each other. Launching out of the tunnel, I land on Todoroki's head. "Well this is awkward." Using him as a bounce pad, rocket myself into first place.

"LOOK HERE FOLKS! SHOTO TODOROKI USED HIS QUIRK ON THE THE GROUND, FREEZING THE COMPETION STILL!! BUT THAT WASN'T COOL ENOUGH FOR IZUKU TATSUMA AS HE BURNS HIS WAY THROUGH, LANDING ON TODOROKI AND FORCING HIM HOT ON HIS TAIL!!" Present Mic announced.

"Why am I here again?" Aizawa clearly has given up on life.

"I HAVE NO IDEA!!" Mic responded. "IT LOOKS LIKE THE MAJORITY OF CLASS 1A WAS UNFAZED BY TODOROKI'S MOVE! AIZAWA WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TEACHING THEM?!"

"It wasn't me. My students faced a scenario where their death was possible, they have took the experience and made themselves better in the process." Aizawa stated while pulling out a sleeping bag.

"SORRY AIZAWA, REMEMBER WHAT THE PRINCIPLE TOLD YOU!" Mic called out, as Aizawa puts the sleeping bag away. "RETURNING BACK TO THE RACE! THE CONTESTANTS HAVE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE FIRST OBSTACLE!! THE ROBO-INFERNO!!!"

Dodging all the 1-3 pointers, I look up to the 3 zero pointers. Remembering the amount of destruction one of them made, I decided not to endanger others for a simple sports festival as I take a huge breath in. "RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!" A massive shockwave of heat launches everything back, stopping every contestant in their tracks. The bellowing flames emitting from my mouth slowly fades away, showing everyone what remains of the 0 pointers.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!!! IZUKU TATSUMA COMPLETELY EVEVAPORATED ALL THE 0 POINTERS!! THE ONLY THINGS THAT REMAIN ARE THEIR TRACKS!!" Present Mic reacted.

"Basing off lethality, Tatsuma has surpassed Endeavor in fire power." Aizawa causally stated, as he begins to use eye drops out of instinct. Everyone is left speechless.

"ERASERHEAD WHY ISN'T HE THE YEAR REPERSENTATIVE!?!" Mic questioned.

"Because a Tenya Iida tried stopping him from what seemed like calming another examinee, and on instinct he implanted him into the ground. He still got second highest in the entire year group, even with the negatives placed on him for harming another examinee." Anyone who was around Endeavor at that moment, felt a huge wave of heat emitting off of him.

"W-WE'LL NOW THAT THE CONTESTANTS HAVE PASSED THE ROBO-INFERNO!! NOW THEY MUST FACE, THE FALL!!! ANYONE THAT HITS THE BOTTOM OF THE PIT IS INSTANTLY DISQUALLIFED!!" Present Mic announced as I literally jump off into the pit. "IZUKU TATSUMA HAS JUMPED INTO THE PIT!!! IT SEEMS THAT HE ISN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED- OW WHAT WS THAT FOR ERASERHEAD!?!?!"

"Just watch and see." Aizawa spoke, as I launch a flame grappling hook into a pillar. Increasing my speed by creating fire boosters on my feet, arcing myself up into the sky. "You were just about to call the one of smartest students in the year group dumb. Completely illogical."

"THANKS FOR THE CATCH THERE!!! I KNEW YOU WERE A GOOD FRIEND!!" Mic changed the subject. "WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE!! SHOTO TODOROKI HAS BEEN OVER TAKEN BY KATSUKI BAKUGO FROM CLASS 1A!! A EXPLOSIVE WAY TO THE TOP FOR SURE!!" Aizawa groans at his puns. "IZUKU TATSUMA IS GOING TO LAND IN THE THIRD AND FINAL OBSCALE!! THE MINEFIELD!!"

"At the speed and rate of falling, he'll splat into the mines before they can explode." Sensei announced as people watch in horror. Stopping the boosters, I condense a ball of fire into the size of a marble. Shooting it off on my landing zone a earth quaking explosion that'll make Katsuki proud erupts, altering my momentum entering me into a role then run.

"LOOK HERE FOLKS!! HE CREATED A EXPLOSION TO TAKE THE BRENT OF THE DAMAGE!!" Mic obviously shouting to torture Aizawa. Using the mines as booster pads, I run on them with allegiance and grace. "WAIT!! I THOUGHT PRINCIPLE NEDZU STATED THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DO THAT!?!"

"No. He said, it would be effectively impossible to do that. Meaning that it is possible if they have the experience and skill to do so. The most likely to do this is Izuku Tatsuma and Katsuki Bakugo, basing on how they use their quirks." Aizawa corrected.

Running the last stretch of the race, the sound of explosions far and near echo behind me as I pass the finish line. "FIRST PLACE GOES TO IZUKU TATSUMA!!!"

"I hate loud blonds." He tiredly stated.

"Good job Izuku, you're doing great." Both mum's said at the same time.

"Oh? You know that I can hear you guys then?" I questioned slightly ticked.

"I can, Inko... Not so much." Ryukyu stated, as I just shake my head.

"Who are you talking to cinnamon roll?" Midnight questioned, slightly licking her lips.

"Oh just my parents. I can hear them and one of them can hear me. Also one of them has called you out as a masochist." I innocently stated, all knowing that it wasn't. Midnight slightly reels back at this. 'Time to wait and see what hell is next for me.'

Thanks for reading and peace!