Rhino

{Fifteen Months Later}

You land on the top of the ESU science building, wearing your spider suit. You unzip your backpack and take out your clothes.

You know you're about 15 minutes late to class. A robbery attempt at a store in Chelsea kept you from arriving on time. Lucky you.

You change into your regular clothes and sling your backpack back on. You wall-crawl the side of the building and enter an open window leading into a janitor's closet.

You exit the room, and run into the janitor himself.

You: Oh! Sorry about that.

You start running down the hallway. The janitor gives a confused look, then shakes his head.

You leap down a couple flights of stairs, making sure nobody is around as you perform the acrobatic feat. You continue running down the corridor and finally make it to the classroom.

You open the door quietly, and see Professor Matthews facing the whiteboard. She was lecturing the class. You discreetly walk to your seat while other classmates snicker quietly at the fact of you being late once more. You sit next to Ruby, who takes biochemistry with you. She begins to talk to you in a whisper.

Ruby: Hey, hun'.

You whisper as well.

You: Hey, sorry I'm late. Got caught up in some things.

Ruby: You're a busy guy. I've known that for the five years we've known each other.

You chuckle.

You: So, what did I miss?

Ruby is about to reply, but Professor Matthews turns around and asks you a question.

Professor Matthews: Mr. L/N, mind explaining what are hydrophobic interactions?

The rest of the class looks and awaits your answer.

You: Well, they usually minimize interactions of non-polar components...with aqueous solvents.

Despite missing most of the beginning lecture, you are still smart enough to answer questions like that.

A/N: Yeah, I used Google for this.

Professor Matthews nods.

Professor Matthews: Good answer, Mr. L/N. By the way, I applaud for making it fifteen minutes late instead of thirty like last lecture.

The rest of class laughs. You try to hide your embarrassment with a shrug.

You: It won't happen again, Professor.

You know that's a lie.

She simply nods, and turns back around to continue the lecture.

• •

The school day was over. You were walking down NoHo with Ruby, Aasim, and Carl.

Aasim: So we're meeting at MSG at 6, right?

Carl: Game starts at 7, so that'd be ideal.

The four of you along with Clementine are going to a Knicks vs Nets game in a few hours. Louis would've liked to go, but he's currently on a trip with his girlfriend, Alicia Clark.

You: I hope the Knicks can keep this winning streak up. This season is actually not making me want to jump off Williamsburg Bridge.