Law of the Jungle

{Several Weeks Later}

It was spring break. For the last couple days all you've done was spend time with friends and relax....and of course, your Spider-Man duties.

Today though, Dr. Kenneth Connors had called you and Clementine over to finish up the remaining lab tests for the cell regeneration project he was working on.

Dr. Connors has just finished injecting an amputee rat with the serum.

Clementine: So, is Jerry here going to grow his arm back?

Dr. Connors chuckled.

Dr. Connors: Watch.

The three of you looked at the lab rat. Almost immediately, you saw his stubby arm begin growing rapidly. It amazed you.

You: Holy crap.

Dr. Connors smiled.

Clementine: This is big.

Dr. Connors: Car accident victims, veterans from war, all those people can finally get the one thing they lost.

He looks at his missing arm, and sighs.

Dr. Connors: I say we should move on to human testing.

You raise a brow.

You: Woah, this is way too soon. You don't even know what the side effects for this rat will be. He could be dead by tomorrow.

Clementine: Y/N is right, Dr. Connors. We need to keep on testing.

Dr. Connors shook his head.

Dr. Connors: You guys don't believe in our formulas? My formulas?

You: That's not what we're—

Dr. Connors: Fine. I understand.

Dr. Connors walked back to his desk and started rearranging things.

Dr. Connors: Thanks for your help. You can go now.

You and Clementine stood there for a moment, but obliged. You grabbed your bag, and walked out of the lab with Clementine.

Dr. Connors sat in the lab for some time since you left. He looked through papers, and finally took out one file that was hidden away.

It was his lawsuit papers against Norman Osborn and Oscorp. He's always told his family and students that he lost his arm in a boating accident, but in reality, that wasn't the case.

He worked for Oscorp years ago, and was chosen to test a weapon that Norman Osborn developed. Despite the safety concerns, he made Kenneth test it out. It did not go well.

The lawsuit was a bust. He had lost, and Norman fired him for "trying to defame the company". This angered Dr. Connors.

He threw the papers back in his drawer, and looked at the photo of Katjaa and Duck.

Dr. Connors knew that his wife didn't care about his missing limb, neither did his son. But he still felt insecure about it.

Playing ball with one arm is harder than it looks, and struggles when playing with his son. He wants to be able to do those things right.

Dr. Connors got up, and went over to the lab rat he had just injected with the serum. He looked at it, as it ran around freely with his new limb.

He then looked at the syringe gun on the table beside the case, and grabbed it. He then picked up another vial of the serum, and loaded it into it.