Confessions

{Two Months Later}

The Sinister Six, as Iron Man called them, were taken back to the Raft. Dr. Everett had his arms removed, but were still trying to a find a way to extract his inhibitor chip.

The city recovered from the vandalism and attacks by Raft and Rykers escapees. You assisted Michonne and the department in dealing with them along with Violet and even Iron Man. You were surprised he stayed behind for a few weeks to do so.

You wonder why he cared about New York so much.

The media was eating it up though. The arrival of a new hero, one who assisted Spider-Man in taking down Dr. Everett. You think of how J. Jonah Jameson might spin it.

You're in Rhee's Pizzeria sitting at a booth in the corner. You have bags beside you and have your laptop out. You're on the Twitter website posting a status update on the official Spider-Man account. You laugh at the tweet.

Moments later, Clementine walks in and makes your way towards you. You close your laptop and get up to greet her.

You: So...?

She holds her hand out for you take shake it.

Clementine: Hi. Clementine Watson. Associate Editor.

You shake it and smile.

You: Congrats!

Clementine chuckles.

Clementine: Thank you.

You: I knew you could do it.

She sits in the booth and you sit back down as well.

Clementine: It was about time. How about you? You're still going to work at the Bugle?

You: I don't know...maybe a career change is best for me.

Clementine: What are you thinking?

You: I think I might want to become a chef.

Clementine giggles. You look at her and she apologizes mid-laugh.

Clementine: I'm sorry. No, it's — your an engineer...a scientist...and a good one.

You nod.

You: You're right. Maybe I'll take up that idea of yours...Stark Industries.

Clementine: See? I knew it was a good one. About the chef idea though, I gotta admit, you do make one hell of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

You laugh.

You: I can make more than just a sandwich.

Clementine laughs with you, then notices your bags.

Clementine: Going camping?

You got evicted about a month ago. The rent demons finally caught up with you. You found a new place though, but it isn't going to be ready until next week.

You: Oh, uh...my new place isn't going to be ready for about a week, so I'm going to be crashing with AJ for the next few nights.

Clementine nods, then looks at her hands.

Clementine: You know...you can always...stay at my place.

She runs her finger along the table as you hear her out.

Clementine: Only if you want to.