A Friend's Plight

{Two Days Later}

You are in Dr. Kenneth Connors's class. Ben and Louis sit beside you as class is coming to a close. Dr. Connors was in the front lecturing as he wrote formulas on the board with his left hand....his only hand actually.

A ball of paper hit the back of Ben's head. He looked back, and saw Ron and a couple other of his friends. They've been known to pick on him.

After some time, Ron threw another ball of paper and hit Ben again.

Ben: Knock it off!

Ben's harsh whisper got the attention of the class and Dr. Connors.

Dr. Connors: Is there a problem, Mr. Paul?

Ben sighed and brushed it off.

Ben: No. Sorry, Dr. Connors.

The bell rang and students started to leave. Dr. Connors began to announce to the class.

Dr. Connors: We'll continue the lecture on Wednesday.

You began to walk out of class with Louis and Ben, but Dr. Connors called you over.

Dr. Connors: Y/N, I need to talk to you for a second.

You nod, and go over to him as your friends walk out.

You: Everything alright, Dr. Connors?

Dr. Connors: I'm just informing you that I'm cancelling our lab session tonight.

You and Clementine take a lab with Dr. Connors about cell regeneration for extra college credits.

You: Alright. Mind if I ask why?

Dr. Connors: My wife's sister is coming over from Memphis. Short notice unfortunately....mind telling Clementine?

You: Of course.

???: Dad!

Behind you, you see Dr. Connors's wife and son, Katjaa and Ken Jr.

Dr. Connors: Hey, Duck.

Katjaa: Just came to bring you your lunch, honey.

Dr. Connors plants a kiss on his wife's cheek.

Katjaa: Y/N, it's nice to see you.

You: Nice to see you too, Mrs. Connors. I gotta get going. Have a nice day.

You bid farewell to the three of them, and leave the class.

~~~

You're walking down the campus sidewalk, and see Ben sitting at a table across from the coffee stand. He has his head down.

You: Hey, Ben. What's wrong?

Ben: Nothing, man. Just....tired I guess.

You: Where'd Louis go? He doesn't have another class for two hours.

Ben: He needed to take a phone call. Some important Oscorp shit.

You nod, and sit with him.

Ben: So....you feeling good about Dr. Connors's exam on Friday?

You: You know me. That class is easy.

Suddenly, Ron and his posse walk up to the both of you. Ron looks at Ben.

Ron: Ben, you almost blew a gasket in class. You gonna man up finally?