War of Words

Steve enters the lab, and places a weapon on the table.

Steve: Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me.

Jesus puts his hands on his waist and walks up to Cap.

Jesus: Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean we're making—

Tony: I'm sorry, Paul.

Jesus looks at Stark after he mentioned his first name. Tony turns the screen towards him and shows the blueprints of the weapons S.H.I.E.L.D planned on building.

Tony: What were you lying?

You cross your arms.

You: What is this, Director?

Andrea and Thor walk into the lab. Bruce points at the agent.

Bruce: Did you know about this?

Andrea: You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?

Bruce chuckles.

Bruce: I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed.

Andrea gets closer to Banner.

Andrea: Loki is manipulating you.

Bruce: And you've been doing what exactly?

Andrea: You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.

Bruce: Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy.

Bruce scoffs and then goes over to the computer screen.

Bruce: I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

Jesus points at Thor.

Jesus: Because of him.

Thor raises a brow and looks around.

Thor: Me?

You: Really, Jesus?

Jesus shakes his head.

Jesus: Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned.

Thor: My people want nothing but peace with your planet.

Jesus: But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat.

He turns to each and every one of you.

Jesus: The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled.

Steve: Like you controlled the cube?

Thor gets closer to Jesus.

Thor: Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war.

You: Wait? A higher form?

Jesus: You forced our hand. We had to come up with something—

Tony: A nuclear deterrent. Because that always calms everything right down.

Jesus turns around to face Tony.