2012

{Eleven Years Ago | 2012}

Manhattan is in ruin as the Chitauri invasion continues.

The Avengers start to circle up.

Hulk roars.

Iron Man descends and lands on the street.

Hawkeye loads an arrow into his bow.

Thor spins Mjölnir around his palm.

Black Widow loads a magazine into her pistol.

Captain America tightens the strap of his shield.

Spider-Man straightens out his wrist bands, re-enabling his web shooters.

The heroes look ahead at the incoming aliens. Unbeknownst to them, a bright flash emits in an alley a block away...

You, Omid, Louis, Banner, and Steve appear and deactivate your suits. You wear your spider costume, the nanobots mimicking the look of your previous one...the advanced suit.

Steve: All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock.

Suddenly, past Hulk lands on the street and pummels a few Chitauri aliens. He roars as he stomps on a car and charges away. Bruce looks on at his past self and rolls his eyes. Steve looks at him.

Steve: Maybe smash a few things along the way.

Bruce: I think it's gratuitous, but whatever.

Bruce rips his shirt off and walks onto the street, feigning roars and flexing his green muscles. You look at Louis, who is in his sleek Goblin attire.

You: Follow Banner to the Sanctum. Stay on the high ground.

Louis: Might blow up some of these aliens on the way, just saying.

Louis activates his glider from his pack and steps onto it. He flies up near the rooftops as Bruce runs along the street.

You: All right, Stuart Little. Get on my shoulder.

Ant-Man shrinks himself and does so. You look at Steve.

You: Meet you at the tower.

THWIP!

You swing away.

• •

At the top of a building across from Stark Tower, you zoom into it using your HUD in your mask. You see your past self with the rest of the Avengers standing in front of a defeated Loki.

You speak to Steve through the comms.

You: Better hustle, Cap. Things look like they're about wrapped up here.

Steve: Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now.

THWIP!

You leap off the building and swing towards the tower. You dive through an open window, your suit deactivating in the process as you roll back onto your feet. You are now in civilian clothing as you creep behind a wall and listen in on the conversation.

Loki (2012): If it's all the same to you...I'll have that drink now.

Tony (2012): All right. Get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later.

You (2012): What? I think it was pretty cool.

Tony chuckles.

Tony (2012): Feel free to clean all this up, Spidey.