The Beacon of New York

{A Few Days Later}

The next few days were spent catching up with your friends and loved ones. They were elated to see you back on your feet so quickly.

You can thank your accelerated healing for that.

You spent time with Louis and his girlfriend Alicia. You went over Aasim and Ruby's place in Brooklyn and had some cake that Aasim baked. You visited AJ's place and caught up with him and his mom, Rebecca. Brody even called you up and asked how you were doing. You didn't know at the time that she was an F.B.I agent on the venue bombing case.

Some of these visits included Clementine coming with, where the two of you shared the news of her pregnancy. Your friends were very excited to become aunts and uncles.

One time you caught up with Omar, who frantically apologized about the award ceremony for no reason.

He knows you are Spider-Man. You explained to him he had nothing to be sorry for, and that you took the bullet for him because he is your friend. There was a bro-hug involved during the exchange, some tears too.

You had already talked with your aunt before, but today you were going to visit her again. Clementine told you that she told her about your alter ego as Spider-Man while you were in a coma. Now, you want tell the story to your aunt in your own words.

You walk up the steps and knock on the door of your childhood home. It's not long before your aunt answers.

Aunt: Y/N. You still doing alright?

You: Of course I am, Y/A/N. I'm fit as a fiddle.

Aunt: That's great. Come on in.

You walk inside and look around the living room, seeing the things that are still there since you were a kid. You sit down.

Aunt: Coffee?

You: No thanks, Y/A/N. I just...wanted to talk.

Your aunt nods and sits down on the seat near you.

Aunt: What is it, honey?

You rest your elbows on your knees as you lean over. You see your uncle's watch still placed in the same spot on the coffee table.

You: Clementine told you that I'm...Spider-Man, right?

Aunt sighs.

Aunt: She did. What? Are you going to deny it?

You: No. I want to tell you my side of the story...how it happened.

You look up at her.

You: You deserve to hear it from me.

You explain to her about how you got bit at the field trip. You also painfully explain how you let Abel Carradine go when you could've stopped his robbery. You tell her that the night you ran away after your uncle was murdered was because you chased after Abel and took him down.

Your aunt continues to listen, taking all the information in. She hears your story of the first criminals you fought. From the Shocker, to the Green Goblin, to the Gaines twins, to Venom. You talk about the struggles of being Spider-Man, but explain that you do it because you have a responsibility.

You: When you can do the things I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen. They happen because of you.

You look back down at your hands, then at your uncle's watch on the table.

You: I learned that the hard way.

On the verge of tears, your aunt responds.

Aunt: You're putting your life at risk everyday, Y/N...