Behind The Mask

THWIP!

You swing down Broadway, speeding towards Times Square. It's not long before you spot a figure on top of the Coca-Cola sign. You perch onto the side of it, and are face to face with Scorpion.

You: Where is the girl?

Scorpion: That's not important. Let's have a talk.

You immediately leap towards him and try to land a punch. He swipes his tail but you dodge and grab onto him. The both of you struggle, until Scorpion pushes you off and leaps to the roof of a nearby building.

You web zip to the same rooftop and continue the fight.

You: Nice suit. If you have the money for that I don't know what you're doing with your life.

Scorpion: A gift from a wealthy friend of mine...so I can take you down.

You: Well, tell your friend that he just wasted his money.

Scorpion leaps at you and pins you down. He uses the pincers on his gloves to stab into your shoulders.

You: Argh!

You kick him off, and leap backwards into a stance. You shoot a web at him and pull yourself towards him, kicking him across the face.

Scorpion: Argh!

You land behind him, only to feel a sharp prick against your side. He has stabbed you with the sharp part of his tail. He thens hit you with his tail and you get thrown against a roof vent.

You try to get up, but the venom from his scorpion sting begins to incapacitate you.

For the final blow, Scorpion wraps his tail around your legs and flails you around. He hits you against the cement, then throws you off the building.

You crash on top of a parked car, and get knocked unconscious. Pedestrians walking through Times Square look on in bewilderment and awe.

Scorpion leaps off the building and stands near the car, smiling at the sight of your condition. His job was done, and all he needed was to take you to Louis Osborn.

Scorpion picks you up with his tail, and leaps back onto the building, fleeing the scene.

• •

Louis drinks from his cup. He looks up at the portrait of his father, Norman.

???: Where do you want him?

Louis is startled at the sudden voice, and turns around. He sees Troy Gargan, who entered through the open balcony door. He is carrying your unconscious body with his scorpion tail.

Louis was in awe of what he was seeing. Scorpion got the job done. Now it was time to kill Spider-Man himself.

Louis: Lay him down.

Louis points at a reclined seat by the piano. Scorpion nods and lays you down onto the seat. Louis goes over to his desk and takes out a briefcase. It contains the payment. He hands it to Scorpion.

Scorpion: Nice doing business with you.

Louis: No word gets out of where you got the suit, am I clear?

Scorpion: My lips are sealed. Have fun.

Scorpion goes to the balcony and leaps off of it, leaving the penthouse.