Nephew

{October 2003}

The thug aims his shotgun at the clerk. He pumps it.

Thug 1: Money in the bag! Now!

His accomplice looks back while holding his own shotgun. He watches the door of the shop.

The clerk throws the cash from the register into the thug's duffel bag. The thug turns back and taps his accomplice on the shoulder. The second thug quickly takes a Snickers bar from the front and winks at the clerk.

They both run out, but the first thug is shot with a web-line and pulled up. The second thug looks up, and sees you holding his accomplice. You throw him onto a fruit stand in front of the store, taking him down.

The second thug aims his shotgun at you, but you shoot a web at its nozzle and make him aim away. He shoots, missing his target. You then drop down and kick him into the ground. You grab his collar and punch him square in the face.

You get back up and walk over to the duffel bag near the first thug. You grab it, and walk back into the store.

You: Sorry about the fruit stand outside.

The clerk is confused upon seeing a masked man in a red and blue suit. You give him the bag.

Clerk: Uh...thanks.

You give a nod, and start to walk out. The clerk calls out.

Clerk: Wait! Who are you?

You turn back.

You: Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

You run out of the shop, and swing away.

THWIP!

• •

You make it back to Ericson's after stopping your first crime as Spider-Man. You're sneaking through the empty lot and undressing yourself. You put your civilian clothes back on and stuff your suit into your backpack.

You look around, then jump over the fences, making it back inside the school.

You walk down the pathway, where you hear somebody call out to you.

???: Y/N!

You look to your right, and see Louis with Clementine. You immediately try to think of an excuse in case they ask you where you've been at.

You: Hey!

They walk over to you.

Louis: Where you been, man? Lunch period is almost over.

You: I, uh...went to the main office to get my lunch. My aunt dropped it off.

Clementine: That's nice of her.

Louis nods, and the three of you begin walking.