With Great Power...

The school day was over, and you've made it back home.

Your uncle was the one who picked you up, and he was called over earlier by the school to discuss the situation that happened in the gym.

Once the two of you made it inside the house, he began to speak.

Uncle: Don't you dare go upstairs without talking to me, young man.

You: What is there to talk about?

Uncle: Cut the crap, Y/N. Why'd you think it was okay to leave school like that?

You thought he was going to lecture you about Marlon first.

Uncle: Breaking a kid's nose is one thing, but leaving the campus entirely? Unsupervised?

You: I just didn't want to be there. I...

You sat on the couch.

Your uncle sighed, and sat beside you.

Uncle: You must've felt guilty? Right?

You: A little bit...but I shouldn't have. He's been bullying me since freshman year.

Uncle: And you finally knocked some sense into him.

You sighed.

You: Did I hurt him bad?

Uncle: Well you did break his nose. Surprisingly his dad didn't ask for money or anything, I assume he's been a pain at home as well.

You simply nod. Your uncle pats your shoulder.

Uncle: There are things in life that we go through, things that make us more mature. You're starting to get into the part of your life where what you decide to do ends up defining you. Trust me, I've been through exactly what you're going through.

You slightly scoff.

You: Not exactly.

Uncle: These are the years that a man changes into the man he becomes for the rest of his life. Just be careful who you change into.

You look up at your uncle.

Uncle: Marlon Thompson probably deserved what happened, but just because you can beat him up...doesn't mean you have to.

You give a slight nod, then look back down.

Uncle: Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

You take in what your uncle said, and don't know how to respond.

He pats your back.

Uncle: Now come on. You didn't forget that we're painting the kitchen, did you?

~~~

It was late in the evening, and you were taking out the trash.

???: Hey, Y/N.

You get startled a bit, but you turn and see Clementine on the other side of the fence.

You: Hey. What are you doing out here?

Clementine: I just came out to give Rosie her water. I see you're doing chores.

You: Yeah, gotta get that allowance money for my Maserati.

Clementine chuckles.

Clementine: Sounds like you'll be taking out the trash for the next twenty years.