Not In My City

{Two Weeks Later}

You take a sip from you cup. Cold brew.

Aunt Y/A/N sits across from the table. The both of you sit inside a cafe located in Lenox Hill, conversing.

Aunt: I think it's about time I get the living room remodeled. Y/U/N was planning on it before.

You nod at the mention of your late uncle, and sigh.

You: Let me know when, I'll help out.

Aunt: Don't worry about it, hun. I'll get some people to do it. You worry about your studies, you hear?

You take another sip of coffee.

You: I just don't want you to spend any money when I can get things done. I'm quite the handyman.

Aunt: Really?

You shrug.

You: What can go wrong?

Your aunt chuckles.

Aunt: Your uncle was the same. Why not try something and learn on the fly?

You smile.

You: Just remember that I'm here if you need anything, Y/A/N.

She puts her hand on top of yours.

Aunt: I know, sweetheart.

She looks at her phone, and checks the time.

Aunt: My shift at F.E.A.S.T begins in half an hour, I should get going.

Your aunt has began volunteering at a F.E.A.S.T shelter in Chinatown. The organization was founded and currently run by philanthropist Vince Li, who your aunt has met personally.

You walk your aunt outside, and she waits for a cab. A part of you feels guilty about not having a driver's licence so you could take her there yourself. Thankfully, a cab was readily available.

Your aunt gives you a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Aunt: It was nice seeing you, Y/N.

You: Call me if you need anything.

She halfway enters the cab then looks back at you.

Aunt: I saw you in that same attire on Clementine's Facebook page from last week. You should spice up your wardrobe.

She smiles, and you chuckle back. Your aunt was the type to leave playful jabs like that.

The cab drives off as the two of you exchange waves of goodbye.

You begin walking down the sidewalk and are about to cross the street when you get an alert on your phone. One that you were familiar with.

Amber Alert.

They were not as common in the city as you would think, but the times they were activated it was because they were serious. You took them seriously, at least.

Pedestrians around you check their phones as well, since they got the alert too. Some keep on looking and some simply put their phones away.

You continue looking at the report.

Sarah Castaneda

Age 16

Missing from East Village, NY.

Last seen entering a White 2009 Toyota Sienna - Licence Plate JJR9266

No picture of the girl, unfortunately.