What is This?

{One Week Later}

It was the night of New Year's Eve. You and Clementine were stargazing in Central Park, the both of you laying on a bed of webs that you made. She points up at a constellation.

Clementine: That one looks like a facegrabber from Alien.

You: That's Perseus.

Clementine: What?

You: I took Astronomy last fall, I know my stars.

Clementine: Nerd.

You: Haha.

She lays on her side and turns to you. You lay back with your arms behind your head still looking at the stars.

Clementine: You know what this reminds me of?

You: Hm?

Clementine: The fair, three years ago...

You think back, trying to recall the memory.

Clementine: When you saved me from the Ferris wheel and we landed on your webs.

You do remember, she didn't know you were Spider-Man at the time.

You: Heh, yeah. I could see why.

Clementine begins to caress your cheek. You turn to her.

You: That was quite a day.

Clementine: I called you after Spider-Man saved us. You talked to me so calmly...

You: After the Shocker incident...I stayed close by. I was on a building when you called me...it was nice to hear you were okay.

She kisses you.

You: Like I said before, I'm always here for you. I've always been.

She smiles and kisses you again, this time more passionately. You stop to tell her something.

You: I remember Louis joking about how Spidey was such a Casanova with his bed of webs...maybe we could...

Clementine rolls her eyes.

Clementine: You just lost three boyfriend points.

You: There's a point system?

Clementine: Now there is.

You laugh.

You: Okay, okay. We should get going anyway.

Meanwhile, a small meteor has crashed down into the park, near where you were stargazing. A black ooze-like slime crawls out from the rock, and begins to roam around through the grass.

You rappel down using a web while carrying Clementine, and land on the grass. The ooze gets startled, and quickly hides were it's safe: your backpack.

You sling on the bag, and continue walking down the park with Clementine.

• •

{Later That Night}

It's 11:30 PM.

You and Clementine attend the New Year's Eve party hosted by the Daily Bugle. Clementine is your plus one for the event.

The two of you sit a table, drinking cider since the two you aren't old enough to drink alcohol. At least not publicly.

You are both conversing when a familiar face comes to the table. It's your coworker, Maggie Rhee. She is also the wife of Glenn Rhee, your friend and favorite pizza owner in New York. He's with her too.