The Nano-Gauntlet

{Present Day | 2023}

You and Louis reappear back in the hangar along with the rest of the team. You retract your mask and look at your friends.

Bruce: Did we get them all?

You all have the stones. Bruce holds time, Rhodey has power, you have space, Steve holds mind, Rocket has reality, and Daryl holds soul.

Rhodey: Are you telling me this actually worked?

Daryl drops to his knees and you look at him. At that moment, you realize Andrea isn't with him.

Bruce: Daryl? Where's Andrea?

He doesn't respond and the room stays quiet. Steve looks down in sorrow, assuming the worst. Bruce drops onto a knee as well, slamming the floor in anger.

• •

You, Steve, Bruce, Daryl, and Thor are outside on a dock by the lake. You stand beside Steve who's sitting on the bench looking at his hands. You're all saddened, having lost a longtime friend...and basically family member.

You: Do we know if she had a family?

Steve: Yeah. Us.

Thor walks over after gazing upon the lake.

Thor: What?

You: Just asked him a question.

Thor: Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right?

His tone becomes louder as he continues.

Thor: As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together.

Daryl: We can't get her back.

Thor turns around to face him.

Thor: Wha...what?

Daryl: It can't be undone. It can't.

Thor laughs, still in denial with Andrea's death. You keep shaking your your head.

Thor: Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And were talking about space magic. And can't seems very definitive. Don't you think?

Daryl: Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here. But she still isn't here, is she?

Thor: No, that's my point.

Daryl gets up from the bench.

Daryl: It can't be undone. Or that's what the red, floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay?

Daryl looks at Thor as his tone raises too.

Daryl: Go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him!

Thor doesn't reply. He nods and looks back down at his hands.

Daryl: It should've been me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it.

Bruce lets out a loud grunt and pries the stone bench off the dock. He heaves it across the lake in anger.

Bruce: She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to.

Steve gets up and faces the doctor.

Steve: We will.

• •