Reuniting with the Captain

{Meanwhile}

AJ stands on the roof of the Avengers' compound. He looks on at the lawn, and then hears somebody land beside him. It's Judith, in her Ghost-Spider attire. AJ ended up calling her.

Judith: And I thought we'd have a day off today

AJ: The city never sleeps...or in this case I guess the universe.

Judith: So there's really this maniac alien who's trying to take over the world?

AJ: In a sense.

Judith: This just got interesting. And why are we at the compound?

AJ: There's somebody we have to talk to. And they're meeting us here.

• •

Rhodey walks around the room. In a bit, he was going to speak with Secretary Ross. He fixes up his high-tech leg brace, and that's when AJ and Judith enter the room in their suits. Rhodey immediately knows one of them is AJ. He takes off his mask.

Rhodey: Morales?

AJ: Rhodes. We're here because—

Rhodey: Of what happened in the city? I figured.

He looks over at Judith.

Rhodey: I don't think we've met. I've seen you in the papers, though. Spider-Woman?

Judith: I'm just going to say I'm the Ghost-Spider.

She wasn't going to just unmask herself to Rhodey. He understood.

Suddenly, a hologram appears and they see Thaddeus Ross with other officials on the call. The heroes get out of view as they speak to Rhodey.

Thaddeus: Still no word on the Vision?

Rhodey: Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh.

Thaddeus: On a stolen Quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals.

Rhodey shakes his head.

Rhodey: You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?

Thaddeus: My God, Rhodes. Your talent for horseshit rivals my own.