The Search For Mr. Li

{One Week Later}

The funeral for Officer Alvin Davis had just concluded. You and Clementine are talking with Rebecca Morales when you notice her son, AJ, at his father's casket. You walk over to him.

You only knew him as Spider-Man, so it was new territory interacting with him as yourself.

You: I'm sorry for your loss.

AJ glances at you.

AJ: Do I know you?

You: I'm Y/N L/N. I was at City Hall when...

You sigh.

You: Look...I know you don't know me...but I just wanted to say—

AJ interrupts you.

AJ: "I know what you're going through."

You: Uh...

AJ: That's what you were going to say, right? Or... "It'll get easier with time." Or, "Don't worry, it's all part of God's plan."

You: I'm sorry, I was just trying—

AJ: "—trying to help." I know.

AJ walks away. That didn't go as expected.

Rebecca walks up to you.

Rebecca: I'm sorry about that. I don't know what I'm going to do with him.

She also walks away, catching up with her son ahead. You stand there, thinking of all the funerals you've had to go to so far. Your uncle, then Norman Osborn, then Glenn, then Lori. Now, Alvin.

No matter how hard you try...people still end up getting hurt.

• •

{Later That Day}

It was cloudy and the day felt gloomy. What a way to fit the mood for the last week.

You're in your spider suit, perched up on a rooftop looking over the city. You call Clementine.

You: Hey, it's me.

Clementine: Hey. So what are you thinking?

You: I'm thinking I screwed up, and AJ lost his father.

Clementine sighs. She's been through this before with you, how you keep blaming yourself for the deaths of others. She remembers how it was after Lori's death and the guilt you felt. It was during that time when your relationship with her started to take a turn.

Clementine: I know you too well to say you should give yourself a break. What about the police? Do they have any leads on Vince?

You told Captain Michonne earlier this week about Vince Li. Unfortunately, she can't pursue it unless she gets solid evidence.

You: They're not even looking for him. Michonne doesn't even believe me.

Clementine: Then it's up to us to find him. Lucky for you, I've been doing some research...go to this address.

Clementine sends you the address and you log it into your GPS. You leap off the building a start web swinging.

THWIP!

Clementine: Vince Li bought a controlling interest in this recycling center last year.

You: You think he's hiding out there?