I Made A Promise

{Three Days Later}

Glenn Rhee was pronounced dead once you brought him to the hospital. He was buried today at Cypress Hills Cemetery in Brooklyn where he was raised.

You and Clementine enter your loft. Louis isn't home at the moment.

You walk over to the bar area and sit on the stool. You grab an empty glass, which was probably left by Louis, and throw it against the wall in anger.

Clementine: Y/N?! What the hell?

You: That son of bitch shot him right in front of me! In front of Maggie!

You begin to pace around the living room, hands on your waist.

You: I couldn't save him! He died on my watch!

For the last three days it's been in your head. Glenn, a father, is now gone. He leaves behind a wife and a toddler.

You think of how you lost Uncle Y/U/N. You could've stopped it, but you didn't.

He died because of you.

Clementine tries to calm you down by caressing your shoulder. You pull away, which startles her. It was out of character for you.

Clementine: You can't blame yourself.

You: I made a promise to myself. After my uncle died, I vowed that I'd make sure the people are safe! That no kid ever loses their loved one! And now...now Hershel is without a father!

Clementine: You can't save everyone! You know that.

You slam your fist onto the countertop.

You: I should be able too...

You step away from the bar area, and look out the window of the loft. You basically rip off your shirt, revealing your black spider suit.

You remember first seeing it, one the side of the building of the venue three days ago. You expected to see your red-and-blue spider suit in your bag, but saw it colored black instead. You needed to take down the Saviors, so there was no time to question it.

For the last three days, you've worn it. It felt good. It felt powerful. You instilled fear in the low level criminals you stopped at night.

You liked it.

Clementine hasn't questioned it, she just figures you decided to go with a black color.

Clementine: Where are you going?

You don't look back as you begin to respond. You open the window.

You: I'm going patrolling, maybe find a Savior out there who knows where Tombstone is.

Clementine: And what are you going to do when you find him, huh?

You: ...I don't know. But I'm going to make sure he doesn't hurt anybody again.

You look back before you leap out.

You: I might not be back until...I don't know when. You should go home.

THWIP!

You swing away, leaving Clementine alone at the loft.

• •

{Later That Day}

It's been hours. No leads yet.

Until now.