Take Us Back

{Two Months Later}

Stepping out of the rented house, you could see the SUV waiting by the driveway. Clementine gets in front of you and fixes your tie.

You: I thought I was good.

Clementine: Y/A/N and I aren't getting in that car until we are all tidy.

Nearby, your aunt stops Ben and Aaron and adjusts their collars as well, to their annoyance. May snickers beside them.

Today is Tony and Pepper's wedding. The ceremony and reception is going to be held in Tony's rebuilt home in Malibu overlooking the water.

You all walk over to the car and are greeted by a driver hired by Stark.

Driver: L/N family? Good afternoon.

Your family enters the vehicle with you going in last. It isn't long until you're all off to the mansion.

Aaron looks out of the window.

Aaron: Woah! Palm trees?

Ben: Are you seriously in awe of palm trees?

Aaron: I've never seen one in person.

Ben chuckles.

Ben: Weirdo.

Aaron mutters under his breath.

Aaron: You're a weirdo.

May: We should come to LA more, Dad.

You: You're liking it more than New York?

May: The weather's better.

You: Yeah, I can't argue with that.

Aaron: They have beaches.

You nod.

You: Okay.

Ben: And they have better sports teams.

You: All right, too far.

Ben: There should be a group of heroes here in California too. Like...Avengers West Coast or something.

May: That's a terrible name.

Ben: No one asked you.

Clementine: Kids...

Ben: Sorry.

You nod at your son's idea. Maybe you'll put a pin in it.

• •

You all arrive to the mansion and see others SUVs and guests arriving. Getting to the entrance, you meet up with AJ who is dressed up as well.

AJ: Y/N.

You clasp his hand and embrace him.

You: Looking sharp, AJ.

He chuckles as he greets your family.

AJ: Clem, Y/A/N, you both look amazing.

Aunt: Aw. Thanks, honey.

AJ: And you, Ben. Love that look with the glasses. Reminds me of Tony.

Ben: Who do you think gave them to me?

They share a laugh before entering the mansion and going to the backyard. The seats were already set and the was stage prepped. The sun was starting to set which created a beautiful organic backdrop to it all.