Invasion

Tony knew that Loki would build his portal on top of Stark Tower, just like how Doc Ock tried to activate his reactor two years ago. You, Steve, and Tony started getting ready. You and Steve then went to where Andrea and Daryl were. You wear your spider-suit and Steve wears his Captain America attire.

Steve: Time to go.

Andrea: Go where?

You: We'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?

Daryl comes out of the bathroom upon hearing your question.

Daryl: I can.

Steve: You got a suit?

Daryl dries his hands with a towel.

Daryl: Yeah.

Steve: Then suit up.

• •

Tony fixes up his Iron Man helmet.

Steve puts on his headpiece and grabs his shield.

Daryl loads up his quiver of arrows.

Andrea prepares her Widow's Byte gauntlets.

You put on your mask, and flex your wrists to deploy your web shooters.

You, Steve, Daryl, and Andrea walk into the jet. An agent is startled by your sudden arrival.

Agent: Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here.

Steve: Son, just don't.

The agent didn't bother trying to argue with the heroes. He let you all in and left the jet. Daryl starts piloting the aircraft and the four of you fly out of the hellicarrier towards New York City.

• •

{Meanwhile}

At Stark Tower, Tony tried to shoot the reactor with his gauntlets. It didn't do anything, as it was surrounded by a force field.

J.A.R.V.I.S speaks to Tony.

JARVIS: The barrier is pure energy, it's unbreachable.

Tony: Yeah, I got that.

Tony looks down at the platform below, and sees Loki smiling.

Tony: Plan B.

Tony descends onto the platform, landing on a pad that begins disassembling his armor off of him piece by piece. He starts walking into the bar area while looking at Loki. The Asgardian enters the room as well.

Loki: Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.

Tony: Actually, I'm planning to threaten you.

Loki: You should have left your armor on for that.

Tony walks down the stairs.

Tony: Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?

Loki: Stalling me won't change anything.

Tony goes behind the bar.

Tony: No, no. Threatening. No drink? Are you sure? I'm having one.

Loki seems to be annoyed and looks out the window.

Loki: The Chitauri are coming. Nothing with change that. What have I to fear?