Always There

Police officers escort the cuffed up and bruised Philip Fisk to the cruiser. People are behind barriers taking photos and chatting amongst each other.

You are perched on top of the cruiser and speak before he goes in.

You: Finally off to Rikers, huh? You know, I think you have more enemies in there than I do.

Kingpin: If you think this will be anymore than just a minor inconvenience—

You: Welp, gotta go. Good luck, Philip. I think you're gonna need it.

THWIP!

You swing away, leaving Kingpin yelling at the top of his lungs at you.

• •

You swing up onto a rooftop nearby. You see Violet looking over the edge and at the skyline.

You: Hey, you okay?

Violet gives a smile. You don't know if she's forcing it or not.

Violet: What do you think? We finally took down Fisk, after years of trying.

You stand beside her near the edge of the rooftop.

You: Thank you for...not killing Fisk.

Violet shrugs.

Violet: Who says I was going to? Maybe I was just trying to ruffle your feathers...get you scared.

You chuckle.

You: You're an asshole if that's the case.

Violet laughs too.

You rest your hands on your waist.

You: Who would've thought this great partnership started with you giving me stitches?

You think back at when you first ran into the Black Cat years ago. From foes to allies.

She turns and faces you.

Violet: Hey, you gave me a black eye.

You: That was for almost throwing me off a building.

You hold out your arm and start adjusting your gloves.

You: Besides, I didn't even punch that hard.

Violet grabs your arm and starts touching your hand. She looks at it.

Violet: You're stronger than you think.

You give a slight chuckle as she runs a finger along your palm and holds your arm.

You: Yeah, you're probably right. I can lift 10 tons...

She looks up at you and you meet her eyes. You don't even react when she starts pulling up your mask. She kisses you.

Your relationship with Violet for the last six months have been complicated. After your breakup with Clementine, you mostly confided in Louis and Aasim. Then there was Violet, who you were already working with most of the time anyway trying to take down Fisk.

There was one night where it was just you and her, just two people wanting a warm body with them when they woke up. But nothing came of it. It was just straight to work the next day.

You let her kiss you, and she notices your mood once she pulls back.

Violet: I think it's time for me to ask you what's wrong.

You pull down your mask.

You: I don't know...it's nothing...

Violet crosses her arms and smirks. She knows what's up, and understands.