Carnage

{Three Weeks Later}

The car pulls up to the lot and parks. Shane Walsh comes out and closes the door, walking to the entrance.

He enters the warehouse where he's meeting fellow enforcers consisting of some corrupt officers in the NYPD.

Enforcer 1: Lieutenant.

Lieutenant Walsh: Everybody here?

The enforcer nods, as he sees the rest standing around. They have an inkling on what he called them here for, as he's been dropping hints the past months.

Lieutenant Walsh: This should go down without a hitch. Is Cody in on the dispatch?

Shane wanted to stage an incident and have Captain Grimes called to the scene. There, he would have him killed.

Rick is his friend, but he feels that it is time to act. Shane thinks he took everything that he's ever wanted: a high position in the force, and Lori.

With him gone, he can take Rick's position in the force and in his family. He can also be with Judith, who Rick doesn't know is actually Shane's from an affair he had with Lori about thirteen years ago.

The enforcer rubs his chin.

Enforcer 1: Are you sure you want to do this?

Shane scoffs.

Lieutenant Walsh: Of course. What? You getting cold feet now?

The other enforcers standing around look at each other. The first enforcer looks back for a second, then turns to face Shane again.

Enforcer 1: I hate to have to say this, Walsh...but you've broken a rule.

Shane was confused.

Enforcer 1: The Kingpin doesn't appreciate you using his resources to achieve your personal goal. I asked you one last time if you were sure about doing this...and we got our answer.

Shane looks on and sees the other enforcers resting their hands over their handguns. The first enforcer does so too.

Enforcer 1: Sorry, about this.

Shane quickly pulls out his handgun and shoots the first enforcer twice in the chest. He falls back, and the other enforcers unholster their guns and begin firing.

Shane leaps behind crates for cover. He peeks out and fires back, killing another enforcer. He gets shot in the shoulder.

Lieutenant Walsh: Argh!

Shane begins making his way to the exit, but gets shot in the leg. His luck prevails as he still is able to make it outside.

He reaches his car and quickly gets in. His driver's side window shatters as the rest of the enforcers make it out of the building and continue shooting at his car.

He turns on the ignition and speeds away and out of the lot.

• •

Shane made it to his apartment in the Lower East Side. He continues to patch himself up.

He finishes, and walks up to his desk. He couldn't believe the people he trusted betrayed him. He didn't know what to do, since he was most likely now on Kingpin's hit list.

Shane unloads his gun and opens his drawer to put it away. He sees a familiar glass vial, and grabs it.

It's a small living piece of the symbiote. He remembers taking it from the crime scene at the construction site after the battle between Spider-Man, Venom, and Sandman.