Friends Again?

{Two Months Later}

Life has been surprisingly normal.

The fall semester was coming to a close. Your grades were outstanding, like usual. Your relationship with Clementine, still going great.

Your life as Spider-Man: same old, same old.

• •

THWIP!

You swing down Park Avenue in the Upper East Side of the city. The car in front of you is speeding and swerving to avoid cars. Police vehicles are behind them following as well.

Holiday season or not, people love to hijack cars.

You shoot a web at the car and zip towards it, landing on the top. A criminal in the passenger's seat leans out the window to try and shoot you.

You: I reckon you don't have a firearm license, fine gentleman.

You shoot a web at his hand holding the gun and then fling another web line at the streetlight above. He gets pulled out of the window and hangs from the light.

The car keeps going, and all you had to do was stop the driver.

You jump to the side and shoot a web at the driver, pulling him out and webbing him to the sidewalk. You then quickly shoot a web at the back of the moving car and land on the road. You use your strength to stop the car while your feet drag against the tarmac.

A/N: Kinda like this

The tire rubber burns out, and the car comes to a halt. You take a breath.

You: Please stop stealing things...especially when Christmas is only in a week.

You look back at the police cruisers who stopped. Some get out of the vehicles to survey the scene.

Officer: Thanks, Spider-Man. We'll take it from here.

You give a nod, and pull out your phone. You see the time. It's 6:45 PM.

You: Crap.

The officer notices your reaction.

Officer: What? Got somewhere to be?

You: Yes, actually.

You put your phone away, and give a two finger salute to the officer.

THWIP!

You swing away.

• •

You discreetly leave an alley to the side of the theater, buttoning your collar to hide your spider suit. You walk down the sidewalk, and in the distance you see Clementine waiting. She wasn't easy to miss, since she wore a nice black dress for the showing.